Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Boys will be boys

Last night, John-Paul came downstairs from playing and was all upset. Phil was in mid-conversation with me so he told John-Paul to wait a minute until he was finished talking to tell us whatever he wanted to say (we're trying to teach some manners over here). You would have thought our eldest son was going to explode while waiting impatiently to tell us the big news. So when he was finally able to spit it out, he shouted "Andrew said 'Stinky Poopy'"! I couldn't help but bust out laughing (I know, what a bad influence) and John-Paul looks at me and says "It's not funny, those are bathroom words. We can't say 'Stinky Poopy' unless we're in the bathroom". I agreed with him (although is it really okay to say words like that when you're in the bathroom or should they be banned altogether??). I looked over at Eamon, who had been listening to this whole conversation, and he looked at me with a big smile on his face and said "Poopy!" So of course Phil and I struggled to hold in our laughter once again, as we explained that he shouldn't say that. Aaaaarrrgghhhh, these kids are so funny sometimes and we just can't control ourselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me...