This is probably my most wishy-washy pregnancy yet. Is it because I've done it so many times, or I'm getting old, or because I'm lazy and don't want to commit to any decisions? I don't know, maybe it's just pregnancy brain.
We are no way close to deciding on baby names, and I had originally been putting it off until we found out the sex of this wee one so that would help our (lack of) focus. But now we are leaning towards not finding out what this baby is going to be. Which is shocking to me, because it's no secret I want a little sister for Maggie and I'm itching to find out. However, there seem to be more reasons not to know...
We didn't find out the sex for the first two babies, and then we did find out for the next three.
My last two labors have been horrible, I mean natural, and I'm going to try that route again for this baby.
Ok, that's all you need to know, let's move one.
Reasons To Find Out:
1) It's fun to bond with the baby and settle on a name early.
2) I don't want to be disappointed in any way when I look at my sweet baby's face (if it's a boy, because I'm hoping for a girl). I'd rather be "prepared". I know that sounds terrible, but I'm being honest.
3) We can plan for room arrangements, clothes, etc.
Reasons Not to Find Out:
1) My kids want to be surprised. Seriously!! They don't want to know.
2) Therefore, we wouldn't be able to tell anyone.
3) I would love to experience a natural labor with the excitement of finding out who the baby is waiting for me at the end. I think it might help dull the pain a bit.
4) There are so few surprises in life, and this is one of them.
So what to do? How about you all decide for me? Tell me what you did and why and if you would do it again...