Monday, September 22, 2008

What a way to start the day

This morning, after Phil had left to take John-Paul and Andrew to school on his way to work, I did my usual Monday morning routine. I cleaned up the kitchen, got Maggie and Eamon changed and dressed, fed Maggie, got myself dressed for work, ate breakfast, packed the diaper bag for the day, packed lunch for Eamon and Maggie, packed lunch for myself, got everyone and everything down into the car.

And then, the unthinkable happened...the car wouldn't start. I soon realized that the headlights had been left on, and not to point any fingers here, but it was Phil's car, and Phil had been the last one driving it ;)

I quickly walked over to my neighbor's house who happens to be a cop, and he very graciously came over and jumped the car.

All in all it could've been much worse of a situation (the kids were good, the neighbor was home, I wasn't super late) but still not the ideal way to start my Monday.

Which reminds me...Happy First day of Fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me...