Today I am thinking about babies. I don't know if it's the oncoming of Spring or the fact that Maggie is almost 16 months old which makes this the LONGEST I have ever been not pregnant since I got married.
Although Phil and I have many reasons that we probably shouldn't have another baby right now, lately I keep thinking of baby names (Lucy and Brendan are tops) and imagining what our 5th baby could look like.
As for the reasons why we should continue to use NFP as a means to space the next pregnancy:
1) We had four children in five years. I need a break, both physically and emotionally.
2) Phil is a Catholic school teacher, and therefore we are always struggling financially.
3) Because of our financial situation, it is necessary that I work part-time, and I don't really want to have a baby, and then have someone else raise it part-time.
4) I get really sick for the first 3 to 4 months, and it is so hard (as you mothers know) to work and be a good Mom while your head is in the toilet all day.
5) This one is shallow, but if we have another baby, we would need to buy a bigger van and possibly move to a bigger house to have another bedroom.
As for the reasons why I want a baby:
1) I REALLY want Maggie to have a sister. My sisters have been my best friends, and I would love for Maggie to have that bond.
2) I do not want to be selfish/stingy with our fertility. Babies are gifts from Heaven, and there are so many couples that struggle with infertility while we have been blessed with many children.
3) I know that God will provide...He always does. If I were to become pregnant (planned or not), I know that everything I worry about, and all the reasons I have listed above, would easily be taken care of.
Okay, so that's where I'm at. Phil and I discuss having a baby every month (ahhhhh the beauty of NFP!) and for now, we are going to continue to wait until there seems to be no serious reasons to wait anymore. Or until God surprises us with a little one. Whichever comes first :)