1) It's a holiday weekend!! Yay for cookouts with friends and family, parades, and freedom!
2) Our house feels like new! The paint colors are perfect, and it was well worth the money. It took 8 days to complete the job ~ and that was with 6 men working 12 hours a day!
3) We have been staying with friends and family to get out of the painters way. It was so nice to visit Phil's parents and sisters, then to my brother and sister-in-law's house with their 5 children under the age of 7 (so we had 9 kids under age 7 in the house...chaotic but FUN!), and finally to my parents house for a few days where my mom spoiled me with homemade dinners and folding my laundry :) A girl could get used to that!
1) John-Paul had his first heart break this week. Let me remind you that he is only 6! It all started back in preschool, when he would talk about his little friend K. I thought it was cute when he called her his girlfriend since he was only 4 years old. Well, he has liked her for the past 3 years, and at Camp on Wed, she informed him that they were breaking up. I know this was her decision because J-P doesn't even know what "breaking up" means. He was obviously hurt but putting on a brave face and an I-don't-care attitude. It makes me so sad to think that someone hurt my child's feelings this way. And I know it's only the beginning! :(
2) Phil and I have been staying up way too late at night getting the house clean and organized, and we are cranky to show for it.
3) The rain has been awful here, but it's supposed to clear up for the weekend.
That's it, what are your highs and lows this week?