1) It was Phil's birthday on Sunday, and I got him this snazzy vest:
and we went out on a date to The Melting Pot (photo credit belongs to 6-year old, John-Paul):
and then had a group of friends over for some cheesecake (provided by the wonderful Laura) and board games. He got some great books, the latest season of The Office on DVD, an electric kettle, and a subscription to Sports Illustrated (no swimsuit edition!). The kids got him some Redskins shirts (for them to wear) which he loved. He said it was an awesome birthday, so mission accomplished!
2) On Columbus Day, we went pumpkin picking at a local farm, and on a hayride which was a lot of fun! Have I mentioned before how much I love fall??
3) This video made me sooooo happy, I just had to share it:
1) The Patriots lost last weekend :(
2) I think I sprained my ring finger. My knuckle is all swollen and I can't move it without a lot of pain. I taped it next to my ring finger, so now it looks like I am making a "W" sign all the time.
3) So as I was running on the bike path on Wed. afternoon, there were news vans and people all around with video cameras. They asked me to stop and talk, but I declined because I was trying to finish my last run before the race this weekend.
Turns out, they were all there because there was an attempted abduction of a woman on that same bike path that same day!! A man came onto the bike path and grabbed her, pushed her down to the ground, and dragged her into the woods. She fought free and used her cell phone to call 911.
The guy actually turned himself in later that night after a manhunt turned up nothing. He is being charged with attempted abduction, with intent to rape. So scary!! This happened so close to my house, where I walk and run all the time. And it happened around noon - in broad daylight!!
At least I've learned not to run there alone anymore. I didn't even have my cell phone with me, thank God it had happened 4 hours earlier...it could've been me, but with very different results.
What are your highs and lows this week?