1) It's not about me anymore. The wedding, the pregnancy, heck my whole life up until I became a mom, was about me. Now, it's all about them.
And I'm honestly much happier this way.
2) Naps are the greatest - whether it be the the one you squeeze in on the weekend, or the one your baby takes so you can catch up on everything else.
3) This too shall pass. Seriously, it works with any situation.
4) Giving a child a sibling is the best gift you can give them.
5) Having two kids is easier than having one. Moms of one never believe me, but it's so true, especially once they start playing together.
6) You have to let go of some of your parenting ideals. I was convinced all of my children would be born naturally, breastfed for a year, love their vegetables, and never talk back. Ha! God is still laughing :)
7) Choose your battles. You want to wear a costume that's two sizes too small? Fine, just make sure it's clean!
8) The house will NOT be perfect. I still obsess over this one a little too much. But the kids really will rather remember a mom who played with them more than a mom who cleans all day.
9) Do something to keep your sanity. For me, that's exercise. For others, it might be going to the grocery store by yourself or having a mom's night out once a month.
10) PRAY! As the ever-so-wise MC Hammer once rapped, "You've got to pray just to make it today". So true! Pray for your marriage, pray for your children's future, and pray that your daily to-do list is an offering to God.
What would you add to the list?