Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Simple Woman's Daybook (a day late, but who's counting?)

Outside my window...

...rain/sleet/snow.  It was a messy commute this morning.  I saw a car spun out in the middle of the highway, and people were driving 40 mph instead of 60.  Needless to say I was about 7 minutes late for work.  Luckily my boss is always about a half hour late :)



I am thinking...

...about a mom of twins in John-Paul's class.  She is suffering from a very rare type of cancer, and has gone through chemo and in March she will be getting a very new type of surgery that will be putting liquid chemo directly inside her body around her organs.  She is about my age, smart, healthy, normal mom and it's just so sad.  She is constantly on my mind and in my prayers.



I am thankful for...

...the health of everyone in our family.  Because in this world, nothing else matters.


From the kitchen...

...Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and apple crisp.  Mmmmm.



I am wearing...

...Brown maternity pants, a pink paisley blouse and cream cardigan.  This blouse hides Baby Boo well.



I am creating...

...a baby.  And a Blog Book for 2010.



I am going...

...to the gym tonight for my favorite kickboxing class!



I am reading...

...Motherless for a review that hopefully will be coming soon.  It's very good, I just can't find the time to finish it without falling asleep. (Yup, same as last week)



I am hoping...

...that Maggie keeps saying "kindult" for adult and Eamon keeps calling a table a "tavle".  To which, of course, Maggie corrects him.  Nothing like having a bossy little know-it-all for a sister :)



I am hearing...

...country music on the radio.  Why does it always make me cry?




Around the house...

...we had a nice long weekend at home.  We watched the Patriots lose (can you believe it?) with some friends and then had my parents over for dinner another night.  Andrew had a basketball game, and John-Paul sang in the choir for a Mass that will be on tv in a couple weeks.



One of my favorite things...

...vacation!  We are counting down until our Florida trip next month!  My parents leave this week to drive down to FL for their monthly stay.  Must be nice ;)



A few plans for the rest of the week:

~Babysitting a niece and nephew
~Another weekend of playoff games.  I may just boycott now that the Pats are out.


Here is picture for thought I am sharing:
 (Where we'll be staying in Orlando!!)

2 comments:

  1. Please say you'll enjoy Florida a little for me when you go...the winter is getting VERY long here. Thank goodness I'll soon be too busy with a baby to realize it's STILL winter :)

    I'm working my way through Motherless too yet and enjoying it!! I think I'll be disappointed when I'm finished, but then I'll just have to keep waiting until the fall when Childless is due to be released.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for your parents getting out of the bitter cold for a while.
    Prayers for the Mom who is ill...I just can't imagine.
    I agree with you, our health is the most important thing.
    Have a great day, Suz

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me...