Monday, April 11, 2011

Stand for Something, or You'll Fall for Anything

We choose to stand up for life. 

What about freedom of choice? 
We believe in the baby's choice to live.

It's not really a baby? 
Then you're not really pregnant.

What about those horrific cases of rape that result in unwanted pregnancy?
We will support the victimized woman however we can, and adopt the baby she doesn't want.

There is NO reason to kill an innocent human being, no matter how small, how old, how handicapped, or how unexpected.

Life is precious, and we will keep fighting the battle.


"But I feel that the greatest destroyer of peace today is abortion, because it is a war against the child - a direct killing of the innocent child - murder by the mother herself. And if we accept that a mother can kill even her own child, how can we tell other people not to kill one another?"
~Mother Theresa


"...is it surprising that today we have become so morally blind (for wickedness blinds) that we save the baby whales at great cost, and murder millions of unborn children?"
~ Alice von Hildebrand, The Privilege of Being a Woman, p.24


"I would like to say a special word to women who have had an abortion. The Church is aware of the many factors which may have influenced your decision, and she does not doubt that in many cases it was a painful and even shattering decision. The wound in your heart may not yet have healed. Certainly what happened was and remains terribly wrong. But do not give in to discouragement and do not lose hope. Try rather to understand what happened and face it honestly."

"If you have not already done so, give yourselves over with humility and trust to repentance. The Father of mercies is ready to give you his forgiveness and his peace in the Sacrament of Reconciliation. You will come to understand that nothing is definitely lost and you will also be able to ask forgiveness from your child, who is now living in the Lord."

"With the friendly and expert help and advice of other people, and as a result of your own painful experience, you can be among the most eloquent defenders of everyone's right to life. Through your commitment to life, whether by accepting the birth of other children or by welcoming and caring for those most in need of someone to be close to them, you will become promoters of a new way of looking at human life."

-- Pope John Paul II


From Norma McCorvey (the Jane Roe of Roe vs. Wade - which made abortion legal on demand in the US):
 
"Abortion has been founded on lies and deception from the very beginning. All I did was lie about how I got pregnant. I was having an affair. It all started out as a little lie. I said what I needed to say. But, my little lie grew and grew and became more horrible with each telling. Sarah and Linda's (the pro-abortion attorneys in Roe) eyes seemed blinded to my obvious inability to tell the same story twice. It was good for the cause. It read well in the newspapers. With the help of willing media the credibility of well-known columnists, the lie became known as the truth these past 25 years.
 
I did not go to the Supreme Court on behalf of a class of women. I wasn't pursuing any legal remedy to my unwanted pregnancy. I did not go to the federal courts for relief. I went to Sarah Weddington asking her if she knew how I could obtain an abortion. She and Linda Coffey said they didn't know where to get one. They lied to me just like I lied to them. Sarah already had an abortion. She knew where to get one. Sarah and Linda were just looking for somebody, anybody, to further their own agenda. I was their willing dupe. For this, I will forever be ashamed.
 
But, my life has been restored to me, and I now have the privilege of speaking for those who cannot speak for themselves."


"It is a poverty to decide that a child must die so that you may live as you wish."
~Mother Theresa


3 comments:

  1. Your children are much more courageous than I am. Maybe someday I'll get over my fears and stand up for life. We're moving to Kansas City where I know there are abortion clinics... maybe if I have more opportunities to go pray at one I will!

    ReplyDelete
  2. a hero is someone who stands for something in the face of adversity. when everone else thinks you are crazy and you still stand for it then you heroic. heros such as this become saints.

    i had an obgyn in california who i liked (baby 3). i asked if they did abortions in his clinic and he said no. then baby 4 came along and the first thing he said to me was do you want to keep the baby, with disgust? ummm i thought you said you didn't do abortions? i guess to him if its in the first few weeks he doesn't call it abortion. then by 20 weeks he kept saying there might be something wrong with the baby (there wasn't)...do you want to "go ahead with the prgnancy"...umm isn't that abortion?

    LIES!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Martin Family- I saw the link to the blog because I am fb friends with Angie. Just wanted to let you know I love your efforts and the quotes on your website. "Privledge of Being a Woman" is one of my absolute favorites. Tell Phil that Erin Hunter says hello :)
    ~Erin King

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me...