This is my first time participating, and Hallie is hosting because Jen is in the hospital for Baby #5!! So here goes:
1) Summer has officially arrived this week - but we've been having gray/rainy days since. Stinkers. We did put up our little pool and have been to the beach once, so it does feel a bit summery.
2) I haven't gained any weight in the past month. My midwife hasn't commented on it, so I guess it's no big deal. I do know that now that I'm not working full-time, I am more active in general, and I'm still able to walk 4 to 6 miles each day. Plus, eating a lot of food at once gives me heartburn and makes me want to pop my belly to relieve some pressure, so I've been subconsciously eating smaller meals. If only I could keep this up after the baby's birth ~ but breastfeeding makes me STARVING and I always eat a ton.
3) Training on my new job (that I will officially start in October) has been going awesome! It's so nice to work in an office with a chapel right down the hall, Mass offered a couple times a week, as well as regular Adoration and Confession. And this high school has such wonderful Catholic administrators and a really faithful (and cute!) Theology Department Chair (don't worry...it's Phil). It feels so *right* to be working there.
4) I still haven't driven our new van, which we've nicknamed "The Beast".
I did buy Phil a sticker for The Beast for Father's Day:
Cute, huh? I almost chose the pregnant lady for me (since I feel like I'll be pregnant forever) but got the mom holding the baby instead.
5) Sorry, this will be the last pregnancy-related item for today, but I am just so so so nervous about this upcoming birth. My midwife doesn't allow drugs, and I've done it naturally before, but I can't seem to relax about it this time. We are re-reading the Bradley Method book to help prepare and I've been going to Daily Mass as much as possible to pray my way to peace, but the thing that scares me the most was how short-of-breath I got at the end of Maggie's labor. I was just about to hyperventilate and felt like I was going to pass out. I panic when I feel I can't breathe right. This time I'm going to talk about getting oxygen at the end to help me get through it.
6) Have you all been following the Caylee Anthony trial? It's so sickening to watch, but I can't seem to turn away. Just seeing Caylee's sweet face on the news breaks my heart:
Here's the thing. People are so shocked and disgusted by what this little girl's mother (allegedly) did, as well they should be, but does nobody see the irony in wanting to give this mother the death penalty when other moms murder their babies all.the.time? Abortions occur every 23 seconds - so why aren't we all disgusted and outraged about that?
7) Does anyone have any good books or series (interesting, funny, adventurous...just no language like "stupid" or "hate") for an 8 year old boy who wants to read The Wimpy Kid Diaries and Harry Potter but whose mean parents won't let him?