Sunday, July 3, 2011

Life's a Beach

“The Sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever.”
--Jacques Cousteau


“My life is like a stroll on the beach...as near to the edge as I can go.”
--Thoreau


 “I honestly think the beach is the only place children actually entertain themselves.”
--Donna McLavy


“We ourselves feel that what we are doing is just a drop in the ocean. But the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.”
--Mother Teresa

 

 "On the beach, you can live in bliss."
- Dennis Wilson of the Beach Boys


"If you want to know how much I love you, count the waves."
~ Anonymous


"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."
~From "The Princess Bride" - Wesley to Buttercup


“Why do we love the sea? It is because it has some potent power to make us think things we like to think.”
--Robert Henri 


 “Our memories of the ocean will linger on, long after our footprints in the sand are gone.”
--Anonymous

To myself I am only a child playing on the beach, while vast oceans of truth lie undiscovered before me.
 - Isaac Newton

2 comments:

  1. Awww, we love the beach too! And it's been too long since we've been :( Hopefully within the next few weeks. Love those photos. Looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww . . . happy summer!!!

    How are you holding up, Mama? Thinking of you these days :)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me...