1) Every single morning, the four older kids say things like this to Baby Xander:
~He grew so much last night!
~I don't know why, but he is the cutest baby ever!
~Can I hold him?
~Where is the baby? (if he's still sleeping)
One only needs to witness a child with their new sibling to realize that a brother or sister is the best gift you can offer your child.
2) For you runners out there....when can you safely start running after having a baby? I tried to run a mile yesterday and I thought my body was going to fall apart bone by bone. Walking is fine, but when can I up the pace?
3) One awesome thing about having more children is that my recovery after each baby has been shorter and less painful than the one before. Gosh, after that first baby, I thought a truck had run me over. After the fifth? I felt pretty much back to normal after a week. Seriously, it's been great.
4) We are still trying to figure out childcare for when I go back to work. Please pray for us because I don't want to have to put Xander in a daycare, but it looks like it may end up that way. There's a family that I see at daily Mass that has two small children, and I keep wanting to ask the mom if she'll watch Xander for me...but I don't even know her name. Is that weird? Or is it the Holy Spirit prompting me?
5) How much is a tummy tuck and where can I sign up? This is not for vanity (I never wore a bikini and I never will) but I would like to fit in my pants again one day without having to buy the next size up just to tuck my belly in. You moms know what I'm talking about!
6) Do you all go to your 6 week check-ups? I haven't made mine yet, and I'm thinking I might just skip it. I'm not due for any yearly exams, and I didn't have any tearing/stitches/hemorrhoids, so can I just trust my own judgement that everything is fine in the netherworld?
7) I am so excited that Phil is taking a few days off from work next week (he's been working maintenance all summer). So he'll have a few days of summer before he starts teaching again a week from Monday. Where did August go? And June and July, for that matter? I just don't want this summer to end....