Tuesday, August 9, 2011

A Non-Baby Related Post

So it's pretty much been all-baby-all-the-time in the two weeks since Xander's arrival...but I do have four other children that are growing up much too quickly. 

Case in point: John-Paul became an altar server on Sunday. 
 Of course I cried through the whole Mass.  It is just so beautiful seeing your son up their on the altar serving the Priest who is, as Maggie says, "making Jesus"!  He did an awesome job - although the Head Altar Server at our parish (pictured above) said J-P was really nervous and pacing around before Mass started.  But he handled himself so well...very reverent.  He has been going to training classes every Saturday afternoon for the whole summer, and never complained once.  He was so excited to do this.  In fact, John-Paul is the first one on my side of the family to become an altar server!  Andrew and Eamon are counting down the years until they can join him up there. 

We made him a yellow cake with vanilla butter cream frosting (which satisfied a craving I was having...how convenient!) to celebrate the big occasion.  And yes, sadly, this is the extent of my decorating skills :)

We love you John-Paul and are so proud of the young man and big brother you have become!!

3 comments:

  1. gooo John Paul..
    AND.. i think the cake is gorgeous and it certainly looks SUPER yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to him, great picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so beautiful. I think I would have cried the whole Mass as well. Very sweet and you must be a proud Mama!

    I think the cake is great looking, certianly surpasses my baking abilities.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me...