1) For our ten year anniversary, I walked into my office at work and found this waiting for me:
I am such a sucker for these cards with little kid's dressed in old-timey adult clothing. Strange, no?
2) More importantly was what was written inside the card. I'm not sharing the lovey dovey parts, but at the bottom Phil wrote:
And so I've finally been asked to Prom! We are going tonight (as chaperones).
3) Somebody learned how to pull himself up this week:
Look how proud he is of his new trick!
And then he realized he could eat the yummies off the dirty
4) Phil's final three grad classes for his second Master's (in Administration) have started already. So he's been found here more often than not sitting in front of his computer being all scholarly and stuff:
5) I watched Forks Over Knives this week, and LOVED it. If I weren't married with children, I would totally eat like this documentary suggested. Except I may not ever be able to give up cheese, eggs or yogurt. So maybe I could follow it 80%. There is a new cookbook coming out this summer, which I would love to get. Hint to the hint hint squared.
6) We also watched Being Elmo, which is the documentary about the puppeteer who is/does/acts/plays Elmo. It was very interesting and inspiring to learn about his story. I love me some documentaries, and we just got Netflix for the summer so I can watch to my little heart's content. Does anyone have any good ones to recommend?
7) TGIF!! I am so excited for Prom and a looooong weekend filled with cookouts and parades and family time!
Have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend everyone!