Friday, August 28, 2015

Finding Sanity in 7 Quick Steps

After 36 years of life, I know what makes me feel happy and sane.  Here they are in no particular order...



Can't beat that natural high that comes from working out.  It's time alone, getting healthy, clearing your mind and working off those calories.



I'm not much of a sweets person, as too much sugar can make me anxious, but I love me some fatty dishes.  I try to eat healthy 80% of the time, but the other 20% is for full on indulgences.  And I don't feel guilty at all.  Treats are for enjoying!



We love sending our kids to our parish school.  I look around on social media and see so many moms who are so sad to be away from their chickadees for the day, and I may be a terrible mother, but I do not feel that way at all.  Sending my kids to an awesome Catholic school was always our dream, and we all thrive on it.  It just works for us!



Phil and I love to get out a whenever possible.  I'd rather pay $100 a month on a date/babysitter than spend that money on marriage counseling.  Date nights are fun therapy!



I know I just said I spend money on date nights, but for pretty much everything else we do, I try to find the most inexpensive option.  Home haircuts, home cooking, cheap family entertainment, sales and coupons,  I truly enjoy getting a good deal, it's like a sport for me, and I'm competitive!!



The kids over the age of 4 have a list of chores that is their duty.  Once a week, we can say "Everybody do your chore chart" and the house gets pretty much all cleaned.  It's awesome!  Of course during the week it's Phil and I who have to do all the daily cleanups as they have hardly any time between school and sports and homework.  But on the weekend, the house gets a good scrubbing!



Any chance we have, we try to get out of the house and do something together as a family.  Usually it's something active like a family walk or bike ride or swim at the beach.  We look for free things to do like going to a park or the library or a playground or Mass or Adoration orConfession.  Sometimes we just splurge and get ice cream!  It's always at the end of a day filled with family time that I go to bed super happy and fulfilled, no matter what we did together.

And that's a wrap, here's to hoping you find peace and happiness this weekend!  Go see Kelly for more quick takes :)

1 comment:

  1. The beach shot is so cute and love your new pink running shoes - you love pink! I need to see your chore chart because I wanted to start the girls on something like make bed making and setting table, whatever!
    Miss you all!


Talk to me...