Thursday, August 16, 2018

Growing in Miles and Holiness


Back on January 1, I began my New Year’s Resolution: to run a marathon’s worth of miles every week.  That’s it.  26.2 miles each week without any concern over pace or hills or distance per run.  I just had to work those 26.2 miles into my weekly workouts.

It required some planning to figure it all out.   Would I run 6 miles today and then have a shorter run tomorrow when our schedule was busier?  Should I try to get the majority of my miles in over the weekend?  What if I just broke it up evenly and ran 4ish miles everyday?  I would try to plan out the week while keeping in mind my family’s needs and when I could carve out pockets of free time.  But the beauty of this plan was that it was totally flexible.  If it didn’t work out one day, I just doubled up the next day or added a mile to each of the remaining days in the week.

Read the rest over at Catholic Women Run

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me...