Monday, January 24, 2022

Mysteries and Music and Meals, Oh My

 Guys, I am having the weirdest dreams since I had Covid.  

And they all involve babies.

When I had a Covid fever one night, I dreamed about 5 cold babies and 5 hot babies and I was trying to care for them.  I was scrambling to put hats on the cold ones and give ice packs to the hot ones.  Nobody was there to help me and I was very stressed at trying to help all those precious wee ones.

A few days later I dreamed that I was back in the house I grew up in, taking care of a baby that didn't want to nurse.  The baby wasn't even mine, so of course it didn't want to nurse from my dry wells, but I was very aware that the baby would die soon if I couldn't provide food.

Last night I dreamed that there was a toddler and a baby riding bikes, and the baby was holding a tire (like from a car) and kept dropping it, falling off his bike, right in the middle of traffic.  I was trying to drive behind him to make sure nobody hit him.  I can still see his little body in footie pajamas, flopping on the ground.  The toddler kept looking back, getting upset every time the baby fell off.

Well these dreams have got me all shook up,

Hey Joseph, won't you tell me what it means?

Sorry, slipped into my favorite musical for a second.  I'm back now.  What does it mean to dream about babies in distress?  Help me solve this mystery so I can go back to dreamless sleeps!

~

I haven't brought Xander (10) to his piano lesson in a while, for some reason Phil usually does it, but I thought the little duet he and his teacher played on Saturday was nice:

~

Wanna know our meal plan this week?  I enjoy seeing others, so here goes:

Breakfast: same smoothie recipe as last week

Lunch: Crockpot Chili

Dinners:

Sunday - Pot Roast with mashed potatoes and corn

Monday- Perfectly marinated grilled chicken on salad

Tuesday - Shepherd's Pie (adding leftovers from Sunday in the dish)

Wednesday - Cheese ravioli (kids) and cheese and veggie omelets (adults)

Thursday - Sheet Pan Sausage (kielbasa) and Veggies with brown rice

Friday - Pizza for kids and Paleo Salmon Cakes with salad

Saturday - Date Night

Sunday Dessert - Chocolate Peanut Butter Blondies (delish!)

16 comments:

  1. I don't know why you're dreaming of babies, but maybe now that you're over Covid you have a new beginning? Your meal plan looks delicious. Reminds me I need to make Shepherd's Pie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh, that's a good one, dreaming of babies = new beginning.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those dreams are so nutty. I have no idea what they could mean. I used to work at a baseball hat manufacturer. Believe it or not, it was stressful. I used to have wacky dreams about trying to get baseball hats delivered on time. That dessert looks delish. That piano lesson is so fun. Our menu this week is family fav cheesey chicken and mashed potatoes and veggies. Leftovers. Chicken Tortilla soup. Maybe Italian Beef. College kids are both back at school/Budapest, so my meals promise to stretch farther.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmmm I think I need that cheesy chicken recipe! And yes, it is nice on the grocery budget when the big guys go back to college, I feel that too with only one gone :)

      Delete
  4. Of course, my first thought is that you must be pregnant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, that would be an easy answer, but alas NOPE! I'll be 43 next month, yikes!

      Delete
    2. I just saw someone n TikTok mention that they couldn't use melatonin because it gave them weird/scary dreams. Have you started taking that recently? Just a thought.

      Delete
    3. No I haven't but we are eating healthier/less and I feel like I sleep worse/less because I'm hungry, so maybe that's contributing to the dreams too.

      Delete
  5. i'm not a dream expert or anything, but i've heard that if you dream about a baby or small child, it represents yourself. maybe you're feeling (understandably) overwhelmed and your brain is trying to process feeling like you need self care but there are a million things keeping you from feeling safe and relaxed and like you're fully taking care of yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe related to the roe anniversary? There's been so much in the news on that lately

    ReplyDelete
  7. My brother told me he had super vivid and weird dreams when he had covid. He was the first person I had heard mention that as a symptom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My boss and I got Covid around same time, and I asked him about the dreams and he said he had some crazy ones during and right after but they have stopped. Meanwhile I dreamed of having popeye muscles and my dad and brother wearing wigs last night :)

      Delete
  8. A few weeks ago both my husband and I had dreams that we had a baby: I dreamed I gave birth to one and he dreamed that his family found one and decided they should give it to us. (I'm not pregnant, though, I took a test in the morning after hearing we both dreamed the same thing!)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me...