Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Discovering Bristol By Bike

Last Friday I took a half day from work and Phil and I went on a date to Bristol, Rhode Island.  That town is so cute, and they have a bike path that is about 14 miles long and goes through multiple towns and cities.  We rented electric bikes and enjoyed the gorgeous scenery for two hours.  God outdid Himself when he created New England, it's just so beautiful!!









I can't believe I've lived here for so long and I never rode this bike path.  Now we need to buy a bike rack and bring the kids so they can enjoy with us.  I've heard the Cape Cod Shining Sea Bikeway should be next on our bucket list, and maybe this will be the summer of acting like tourists in our own backyard!

6 comments:

  1. You definitely need to so the Shing Sea Bikeway. I loathe bike riding but yet we go from Falmouth to Woids Hole and back every summer. It's just long enough that I feel like I've earned a beer with my lunch but short enough that I don't hate it. And there are some great views along that stretch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh great! Can you pull over and go to the beach from the bike path so as to avoid parking at the beach?

      Delete
    2. Yes. Lots of people do that!

      Delete
  2. So beautiful. How fun. After focusing on Yellowstone for SO long, maybe we should shift our focus to Maine and Massachusetts, etc. I don't think we will get to travel anywhere major next summer because of Reg's bball schedule. Unless we shoot for August. (I did comment yesterday on my phone, but again my WIFI refused to cooperate - I was sitting at the pharmacy waiting for my Shingles vaccination. Ouch.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You guys would love the trip! I'm so glad you got the shingles vax, I can't wait to get mine after having suffered through shingles last year - the worst!!

      Delete
  3. This looks like so much fun and good for you guys making it a date day! I've never been to that area, but it looks so serene.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me...