Friday, March 15, 2024

Week in Review: Home is Where the Hearts Are

Friday evening made this mama's heart so happy.  


JP and Andrew and Grace, JP's girlfriend, flew in from Pittsburgh and the other girlfriends came over for pizza and then we piled in Vanna White to go to Stations of the Cross at our church, and then back home for games and a movie.  That electronic version of Catchphrase gets a lot of use around here.  

Maggie complained that she was the lonely lass because she is not dating yet...but having such sweet girlfriends (maybe potential sisters-in-law) has been what she has always wanted.  I have to admit that the balance of estrogen to our testoster-home was a nice addition.  And my boys sure know how to pick them :)  Lovely ladies!

Lucy got a DIY bath at our local pet store with our eager helper, Declan.  Guys, when people say young kids shouldn't have chores, they must not know young kids.  They love to help until puberty kicks in, from my experience.


On Saturday, after basketball practice and swim lessons, JP and Grace took the littles to see Kung Fu Panda 4 in the theater:


Andrew attended and cheered at Darian's volleyball tournament for 9 hours!!  It must be love:


After the vigil Mass, Phil and I took JP and Grace out to dinner:

The restaurant is located in an old historic home from 1792.

We sat outside in a heated igloo!

I had conjunctivitis this weekend, so excuse my gross eye please.

Don't worry, I made pulled pork sandwiches for the others left behind, and honestly the food at the restaurant was very expensive for such small portions that we won't go back.  You live you learn!

On Sunday, Phil and I took Maggie to her volleyball tournament in Quincy, MA.  She was supposed to be there at 8am so we left at 7am which felt like 6am due to the time change.  No bueno.  Her team only won one game but volleyball is exciting and fun at least.  We drove back home, arriving around 1:30pm and cooked a big dinner for fifteen by 3.  It was the belated birthday dinner that JP and I ask for each year - Chicken Cordon Bleu.  We had my parents and some priests attend, including one from Ireland that was staying at our parish for the Lenten Mission.


Apps in the Living Room


On Monday, JP and Grace headed up on the train to explore Boston:


When in Boston, go to Mike's Pastry :)

Phil, Eamon and I attended our parish's Lenten Mission on two out of the three nights, which was good for our souls.  Andrew and Darian took Declan to a CYO game one of those nights for us:

They lost, as usual.  But Declan got to shoot a foul shot, which he has "always" wanted to do.

Grace headed back to her home in Maryland and left us with a very nice thank you note and gift of Irish chocolates that we are saving for Sunday!!  I haven't decided if I'll share yet.


Daffodils are starting to bloom and all seems right in the world:


My favorite girl leaves these on my phone all the time, so she must want me to post them ;)


Here's a better photo of Maggie with her awesome friend, also Maggie:


They attended a retreat on Wednesday on the Cape for Catholic Athletes for Christ.  Eamon was there too (third from right, back row):


This was an easy throw-things-together-kinda-lunch as we didn't have time to make a big batch of soup this weekend:

I dislike turkey, but those turkey sausage sticks from Aldi's are yummo.  And dipping the fruit into vanilla greek yogurt felt so fancy.

A coworker asked me if I had ever seen this video, which I hadn't and thought it would be a nice little moodsetter for St. Patrick's Day:

 

You better believe that led me down a rabbit hole of playing all of the other Piano Guys songs on Apple Music while I work.  Some people are just SO talented that it makes my eyes leak.  

Maggie and her bestie MG made this wee ditty:


Have a wonderful weekend celebrating St. Patty, and remember:


Slainte!!

17 comments:

  1. What a great week! Girlfriends... so many girlfriends! It's crazy!! But in the best possible way. I look forward to hearing where God calls your kids vocationally!

    So glad you had all that time together, what a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to seeing where they are called as well - a certain someone has surprised us by dating :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, what a great week! So glad you had so much family and friends surrounding you. I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too - Happy St. Patrick's Day!

      Delete
  3. I love everything about this post!! Isn’t it wonderful when your boys bring home nice girls? Ours gave us 5 daughters-in-law whom we couldn’t love more. I’m sure yours will, too. ❤️

    Also, YES, isn’t that song by the Piano Guys just the BEST? And the scenery in the video is so gorgeous.

    I love that you posted that particular Irish saying because my mother-in-law, whose dad came from county Cork, had a print of it framed. Hilarious! ☘️🤣

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't help but cry over the beautiful music and scenery and song choice. Sooooo moving! We had that framed in our house too!

      Delete
  4. I forgot to mention how cute Maggie is! ❤️☘️

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess I had never thought that Maggie will potentially have as many sisters (in-law) as brothers. How wonderful for her!!!! Although I do feel for her future boyfriends. :) I know you loved having everyone home and it looks like you all had a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, will she ever be allowed to date?? Haha! You know exactly how it feels to have everybody under one roof and it's so special.

      Delete
  6. That first picture of everybody playing Catchphrase gets me right in the heartstrings!! I pray that is what my living room looks like in 10 years!

    And I hope your eye is feeling better ... I've seen so many people with conjunctivitis this winter! It's such a pain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My kids said that so many people had conjunctivitis in their school lately! Your future living room will look the same, just reverse the estrogen and testosterone :)

      Delete
  7. Busy as usual. Wow. No wonder no time to make soup. Maggie cracks me up. Curly changed her name in my phone to 'curly the favorite daughter'. All of our kids will be home for Easter. Can't wait. I hear you on kids being SO helpful . . till they outgrow that mindset.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for a full house on Easter!! I changed my name on my mom's phone to "The Fave" so Curly and I think alike :)

      Delete
  8. My middle daughter moved to Weymouth last summer, and spent her first St Patrick's Day in Boston. It was an experience for sure. I'm really happy she gets to live in Massachusetts for her young adult life. Maybe she'll even stay there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boston is fun on St. Patty's, I hope she enjoyed it! The North End would have been great for St. Joe's too!

      Delete
  9. Your house must always be full of laughter! All your kids, plus all the other kids. Maggie will have lotsa sisters one day, and you will have lotsa daughters too!
    The daffodils are just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me...