Here's my list of 25 Things (from Facebook and Blog Land):
1) I just went for a run yesterday and ran for the longest I have ever run at one time: 5.2 miles. I usually run about 4 miles, so I was pleased with myself!
2) I would love to run a marathon one day, purely for bragging rights of course.
3) In 9 days I will be turning thirty. Ouch, even typing that hurts. What happened to my twenties??
4) I am number 5 out of 6 children in my family. We are all married and we all have kids. So, my parents have 6 kids, 6 kids-in-law, and 17 grandchildren!
5) I am completely Type A personality. Making lists and accomplishing tasks makes me very happy.
6) Although I LOVE to exercise, it is more for the mental health benefits than the physical health benefits.
7) I am addicted to tv. I am a faithful follower of 24, Lost, Fringe, House, The New Adventures of Old Christine, the Mentalist, Scrubs, The Office, and 30 Rock.
8) I used to ice skate (8 years) and play the violin (5 years). I'm okay with giving up the ice-skating but I wish I never stopped playing violin.
9) The older I get, the more I want to move someplace warm.
10) My eldest son was born on my 24th birthday (he was 5 weeks early) and has to be the best birthday gift I've ever received.
11) I used to want to be a doctor. I entered college as a biology major, but changed after one semester. I'm so glad I am an accountant now.
12) I am really proud of my siblings and their spouses. All in all, there are 4 doctors, 2 nurses, 2 lawyers, a Medical Salesman and a Computer Specialist.
13) There are so many times every day that I look at my husband and wonder how the heck I got so lucky.
14) I tend to have morbid thoughts. For example, if there is a small garbage bag on the side of the road, I instantly think it could be a dead baby. I know, it's disturbing.
15) I am afraid of the dark.
16) I feel so blessed with the life I have been gifted that I sometimes wonder when something's gonna go wrong.
17) I still LOVE to listen to pop music. Beyonce & Kanye West are current favorites, but only when the kids are not in the car.
18) I know all the words to "Ice Ice Baby" by Vanilla Ice.
19) If I could have picked Maggie's name without my husbands approval, she would have been named Niamh (pronounced Neve). My Hubby thought it was too cruel to do that to a child. I still like it and it's Irish spelling.
20) In my life, I've always had a few great friends, never a whole bunch of buddies. I just can't devote that much time and energy to so many people outside my family.
21) I love to travel. I've been all over Europe, to Canada, Mexico and Punta Cana, California, Florida, all over the North East and down to Virginia, across to Ohio and everywhere in between. When the kids are grown, Phil and I plan on travelling a lot.
22) I've been skiing and reading since I was 4 years old. Pretty impressive, right?
23) In two months I will be getting my wisdom teeth taken out. It's about time, they had to wait until I was not pregnant or nursing, which has been most of my married life ;)
24) Blogging and reading other people's blogs has brought a sense of acceptance and has kept me sane!
25) Although Phil and I are always struggling financially, we adore each other and our children. We have so many blessings (family, friends, our health, a nice home to rent, food in the fridge and on our table, tons of hand-me-down clothes and toys for our kiddos, Catholic schools, jobs, our pastor and many Priest friends) that we have no right or reason to ever complain.
Wow, I didn't think I had 25 things to say. Now it's your turn. Yup, YOU!