Things that have popped in my head recently:
1) Did you know that you can tell the intended audience of a tv show by the commercials? If the tv show is directed at kids, there will be toy commercials, if it's main audience is young women, there will be commercials for feminine products, etc.
2) September, October, November, December all end with "ber", and "Brrrrr" that's when it gets cold here!
3) Babies don't stay babies for very long. How is my baby turning two in a couple weeks?
(Maggie on Thanksgiving last year)
4) Even though the days sometimes seem long, the years still fly by. How does that happen?
5) NFP keeps romance alive in a marriage. Really, it's like you get to date for a while and then have a honeymoon every month!! Who wants Christmas everyday...it wouldn't be as special, right? Same goes for the period abstinence involved in NFP - it's worth the wait :)
6) Exercise makes life better in so many ways (Physical health, Mental health, Sleep better, Feel better, Live longer, etc). I am amazed when people who can do it choose not to.
7) Is it worth losing weight if you have to go buy all new clothes in a new size? This could get expensive!!
8) Why can't people say "Merry Christmas" instead of "Happy Holidays"? I would have no problem saying "Happy Hanukkah" to a Jewish person, so why can't Christians say "Merry Christmas" to each other? That IS the holiday we are celebrating, right? Would you say "Happy Celebration" to someone on their birthday? No, you say what it is...Happy Birthday.
9) It just seems cruel that it takes a month to lose 5 pounds, and 3 days of unhealthy eating to gain it right back.
10) Can we make a pact to not put out Christmas decorations or play Christmas music until after Thanksgiving? Deal?