Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Gratituesday: November 3rd

Today I am grateful for FINALLY finding a place to turn my blog into a book.


If you're like me, and you regularly go to thecutestblogontheblock.com for free blog backgrounds, they also have a link you can click on to turn your blog into a book. Here's the link.


It's so simple, just enter your blog address and the dates you want to take posts from, and it automatically pulls all of your information over.


I made my book for 2008, so I chose all posts from 1/1/08 to 12/31/08.


Then you can look through your posts and pictures and make changes.


The book comes in a nice hardcover bound edition, with a picture on the front and back, a title, a Table of Contents, numbered pages, and good quality photos.



The only thing I wasn't a fan of was the way it laid out some of the posts and pictures...but if I had been a little more patient I could've probably changed it around before I ordered it.


I believe mine ended up costing me about $70 total (free shipping), but for all of the time I have saved not having to blog AND create a scrapbook, all of the supplies I don't need to buy, and all of the pictures I would've had to order- it is so worth $70 a year to turn my blog into a book.



What a great keepsake! And for that I am thankful :)



What are you thankful for today?

10 comments:

  1. I just saw this like 2 days ago and I was going to tell you about it...but I guess you already know! I think that I might do it too, we'll see. You'll have to show me yours when you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! In starting my blog, I was hopeful that I would find a great and easy way to publish it for memories - glad to see proof that it works well and to get that link!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so thankful you shared this!!!
    Love Maggie's picture...I hope she wins.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! I've been happy with Blurb too although I don't know if they can "slurp" your blog into a book yet. If anyone reading from this uses Blurb, make sure to spend the extra $5 to order high quality paper!

    Thanks for the review! This may just be my next project!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so awesome! I can't wait to get to ours now! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Gratituesday to the rest of us I guess! All of us Bloggy Mommies who may not know about this thank you!! I'm highly intrigued by it. Looks like it turned out beautifully! Thanks for passing this on!

    ReplyDelete
  7. such an awesome idea! thanks for letting us know about this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet, I didn't know you could do that. Thanks for the idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh, yay! I'm glad you did it & are mostly happy with it. I've been thinking all along that I want to do it each year, especially since I don't scrapbook (who has the time??)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this idea! It looks great-- I'll definitely have to look into doing this with my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me...