Our Ten Reasons for Buying the Condo We Currently Rent:
1) We wouldn't have to move (and after having moved 9 times in our marriage - we really don't want to!)
2) The interest rates are low
3) We would qualify for the $8000 first-time homebuyer credit
4) My parents are giving us a great deal (and it would be beneficial for them as well)
5) We just painted it last summer
6) We have been married for almost 8 years and have 4 kids, and think it's a step we sort of missed ;)
7) We wouldn't have to change our address on EVERYTHING (That is so frustrating!)
8) We would have an investment and could take out a line of equity if we ever needed
9) For about $300 more per month, we could be owning instead of renting and getting all the tax benefits that brings.
10) We like our house :)
So the paperwork is being drawn up as we speak....I'll keep you posted!!