Thursday, March 4, 2010

Thursday Top Ten: How to Keep a Husband Happy

At least these things work for me...but I must admit I have a really nice, easy-to-please kind of guy!

10) Say "Hello Handsome" when you answer his phone call. You can insert any nice adjective you want...I'm just trying to keep it G-rated :)

9) Have a clean house waiting for him when he gets home. I always thought this didn't matter until I started working and coming home to a nice clean house on the days Phil had been at home. It really makes for a relaxing entry into family time.

8) Tell him how much you appreciate his hard work. Men are providers by nature, and it's helpful for them to hear that they are doing a good job at it.

7) Bake something. Not only will he appreciate eating it, but the whole house will smell yummy and cozy. (If you can't bake, just light a candle!)
6) Set up a surprise date night. Guys like to be surprised too, and it lets them know you really want time with them alone.
5) Complete one of "his" chores. When Phil helps out with laundry or dishes, he is really showing his love for me. Likewise, if I take out the trash or make the kid's lunches, it takes some pressure off of him. Many women expect their men to help with the household chores...but how often do they help him with the landscaping, car maintenance, house repairs, etc?
4) Give him a gift just because. Often times while I am out shopping, I will see an item to buy for the kids to surprise them with, but the man in my life usually just gets necessities. Even bringing home a coffee shows him he's been on my mind.
3) Let him watch the sports games in peace. It may not be my favorite thing to watch, but he watches The Biggest Loser with me. And if I bring him a drink, I'll have super star status!
2) Make sure he goes out with the guys every once in a while. Because some manly bonding is good for them - and usually makes them appreciate us even more :)
1) Show him physical affection. Even if you're tired, even if you're not in the mood, even if it's the last thing on your to-do list. Men need physical intimacy to feel loved, and it's not too bad for us either ;)