1) Happy Birthday to my Dad!!
He turns 70 today, and with 6 children (all married) and 19 grandchildren, you can bet he was celebrated big time. We had a cookout on Sunday complete with delicious lobster rolls and birthday cake. Lookin' good Pops! (My Dad's on the left and his brother, Tom, is on the right. They both came to America from Ireland in their teens/early twenties and became builders.)
1) Exercising has been going really well. I'm not running any longer than 6 miles at a time, but I've been keeping up with my kickboxing classes, and adding in a toning class once a week. On my day off, I've been trying to walk with a friend. If only I could stop snacking at night!
2) I just booked flights and hotel reservations for one of my best friend's wedding in Indianapolis on 1/1/11. How great of a date is that?? And we'll be sleeping in a king bed...heavenly! If I'm not already pregnant by then, well let's just say I wouldn't be surprised if Baby #5 makes her debut on 10/1/11. And yes, it will be a girl :)
3) I love my husband. I love my kids.
1) This week has been so stinkin' hot in the North East:We're breaking heat wave records, and I'm not happy about it. I told Phil that my only requirement for my next house is central air. I better offer it up because there is one *place* that's definitely hotter!!
2) The lady who rented us the vacation house with mice in it says she is not required to refund us any money per the lease agreement. She is considering refunding us something because she empathizes with us.
What the heck??? We signed the lease expecting to rent a clean, rodent-free house and saved our hard-earned money only to have to leave 3 days early because of a mice-infested house? And she doesn't think she should give us a refund? We're going to keep on top of this. It's so unjust, and you know what they say about karma....
How was your week?