1) We had a fun vacation in Maryland. The kids swam every single day!! The family of Phil's best friend from infancy lives on the same street as Phil's parents and has a pool, which they graciously let us use.
2) While were were visiting, we had a surprise 30th Birthday Party for Phil and Andrew (the best friend). Andrew turned 30 in June, and Phil will be 30 in October. It was a TON of fun, and Phil was completely shocked :)
3) I had the chance to go shopping for the day with my mom and no kids! The kids went to camp at their school for the day (Phil was also there, working) and my mom and I went to Mass and then a day at the outlets. I got so many great deals ($5 jeans!!) and bought shoes for the kids, and school clothes for Phil. My mom even treated me to lunch - it was awesome!
4) We had a little goodbye party at our house last night for our friend, Sean, who is going to Chicago soon to begin work on his Master's. He was the photography teacher at the high school where Phil works for the past few years, and he's super talented. He's also super funny, nice, young, and single ladies!! I am so sad that he's leaving, but happy for him to be pursuing his dreams.
5) God works in wondrous ways, and He does it through the people He places in our lives. Within a week we had someone give us a gift card to Borders and another one to Barnes & Nobles. Then another generous soul gave us a gift card to the grocery store. Totally out of the blue. God loves a generous giver, and we are so blessed to know these people!!
1) We have a high EEE Threat in the area, and all the beaches, parks and outdoor activities have been closed/cancelled in the evenings for about 2 weeks now, with no end in site until the first frost.
2) Track club was cancelled due to Lo #1. The kids are very disappointed :(
3) My friend, Laura, has been having contractions for days, but she's not in labor yet. All you moms know that really hard time at the end of pregnancy when you would do just about anything to get the baby out? Yeah, she's at that part. Pray for her!
4) Poor Andrew has swimmer's ear. He's in a lot of pain, but we have him on motrin and anti-fungal drops. No swimming for a week for him!
5) I went to sign on to my blog today, and it said it had been removed!! I just about had a heart attack, and then I checked my email and saw that someone had hacked into it and sent out messages to my contacts. I looked around a bit and found that someone from Greece had logged into my account. I have changed my passwords and am about to send gmail an email. This is so scary!
How was your week??