1) Quote from John-Paul: "Mom, second grade is soooo much better than first grade". Love it! His first homework assignment was to eat ice cream and go to bed early...sounds like my kind of teacher :)
2) I had the chance on Thursday morning to take the kids to daily Mass because we were running early (which is extremely rare). What a wonderful way to start the day! Two women at the church even offered to take John-Paul up to Communion with them because I stayed in the pew (I had eaten breakfast too late). I had to thank them for the offer and let them know that he hasn't received First Communion yet, but how kind of them. I must have looked like I needed the help!
3) Andrew, Eamon, and Maggie had their school orientations this week. They did awesome. Maggie just walked right off and started playing, no separation anxiety there at all. But man, oh man, some of those 3 year olds were not happy campers. Do you think it's a good thing that my kids just walk away from me with a smile?
4) While walking past John-Paul's second grade class, I saw that all the kids had their rosary beads out and were praying the Rosary together. I LOVE that school!
1) Where did the summer go? I can't believe it's September already!
2) Hurricane Earl is coming to get us today! We're stocking up on batteries, bread, milk, flashlights, and candy. Andrew is our resident scaredy-cat when it comes to storms, so he will probably be up all night. I'm thinking about breaking our rules and letting him sleep in bed with us.
How was your week?