1) So on Tuesday morning, I went to put my contacts in...and there was no left contact in the case! I half-blindly searched around for it, but to no avail. I put in a new contact and figured one of the kids must have played around with my case. Imagine my surprise when later that evening, as I was taking out my contacts and cleaning them, I found the missing contact!
Do you see it?
How about now?
It must have stuck to my finger and then to the bottle when I was taking it out the night before! Ha!
2) On Wednesday night, we had an Opening of School meeting for the kids school. I am just so grateful that my kids get to go to the best school in the area (in my proud opinion) and have such wonderful and caring teachers who definitely don't do it for the money...just for the love.
3) Speaking of school, I can't believe it will be starting next week! Well, that is if Hurricane Irene doesn't delay things around here....
4) We just discovered a Wading Pool in a State Forest around here. The kids love it, and it's free. I only wish I had known about it when all the kids were younger, as it's much safer to go to than a pool or ocean by myself. At least Alexander will grow up with the pleasure of playing there frequently.
5) Xander is one month old today!
So far, he is a GREAT and cuddly baby. He has been on the same sleep schedule since we've come home from the hospital. He goes to bed at 9, after a bath and a feeding, and doesn't wake up until about 2 and then sleeps again until about 5. After that feeding, he sometimes is awake for a bit before falling back asleep once the other kids wake up. If I had to complain about one thing (and I shouldn't...but I'm keeping it real) it's that he eats a LOT during his waking hours. Most of my kids ate about every two hours, but this guy can easily eat every hour. I am happy to oblige while I'm at home, but I'm not sure how it's going to translate when I'm pumping at work everyday...we'll see.
6) We have been visiting daycares and finally found one that impresses us. We need to make our decision soon as spaces are filling up, but I think we may have found a great place! Thank God!
7) John-Paul and I celebrated our half-birthdays yesterday. He is now officially 8 and a half, and I am 29 and a half...again ;)