Friday, August 26, 2011

7 Quick Takes Friday - Volume 3


1) So on Tuesday morning, I went to put my contacts in...and there was no left contact in the case!  I half-blindly searched around for it, but to no avail.  I put in a new contact and figured one of the kids must have played around with my case.  Imagine my surprise when later that evening, as I was taking out my contacts and cleaning them, I found the missing contact!

Do you see it?

How about now?

It must have stuck to my finger and then to the bottle when I was taking it out the night before!  Ha!

2) On Wednesday night, we had an Opening of School meeting for the kids school.  I am just so grateful that my kids get to go to the best school in the area (in my proud opinion) and have such wonderful and caring teachers who definitely don't do it for the money...just for the love.

3) Speaking of school, I can't believe it will be starting next week!  Well, that is if Hurricane Irene doesn't delay things around here....

4) We just discovered a Wading Pool in a State Forest around here.  The kids love it, and it's free.  I only wish I had known about it when all the kids were younger, as it's much safer to go to than a pool or ocean by myself.  At least Alexander will grow up with the pleasure of playing there frequently.












5) Xander is one month old today!


So far, he is a GREAT and cuddly baby.  He has been on the same sleep schedule since we've come home from the hospital.  He goes to bed at 9, after a bath and a feeding, and doesn't wake up until about 2 and then sleeps again until about 5.  After that feeding, he sometimes is awake for a bit before falling back asleep once the other kids wake up.  If I had to complain about one thing (and I shouldn't...but I'm keeping it real) it's that he eats a LOT during his waking hours.  Most of my kids ate about every two hours, but this guy can easily eat every hour.  I am happy to oblige while I'm at home, but I'm not sure how it's going to translate when I'm pumping at work everyday...we'll see.

6) We have been visiting daycares and finally found one that impresses us.  We need to make our decision soon as spaces are filling up, but I think we may have found a great place!  Thank God!  

7) John-Paul and I celebrated our half-birthdays yesterday.  He is now officially 8 and a half, and I am 29 and a half...again ;)

7 comments:

  1. i can't believe he's one month already.. that seemed to fly!!

    have an awesome wkend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were supposed to come up your way to the Cape for vacation, but decided against it due to Irene.

    Xander is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Xander is a beautiful baby! Both of my children were on the same eating/sleeping schedule and I worked FT while nursing both. Somehow, by the grace of god, I was able to keep up. I ate oatmeal, took fenugreek, drank ovaltine, and every other thing I heard could increase milk supply, but we made it work!! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where does the time go? Miss Taylor is 2 months old {if I'm going to be honest . . . 2 and a half. SIGH.} Oh he is so precious, Colleen. And I'm so glad he is on a good schedule. I have babies that like to eat a lot too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so very fun great pictures

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had a great laugh at your contact debacle. the STORY OF MY LIFE. ;)
    Love the watering hole...this will be a great place for new memories.
    I hope Irene was easy on you all.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me...