Friday, October 28, 2011

7 Quick Takes: Volume 12


1) Somebody turned 3 months old this week!

2) That same somebody discovered his love for the exersaucer.  But as for the monkey... well he's not quite sure about him yet: 





3) Sickness has struck the house again.  Phil's cough is coming back, Maggie had pneumonia, Eamon has a cold, and J-P and Andrew have sore throats.  Last winter we were so lucky to avoid illnesses.  This year, we're going to be known as the sick-house I'm afraid.

4) My two month membership to Weigh Watchers is over.  I have been eating like a crazy woman.  I don't want to talk about it.

5) Speaking of eating, there are some foods I eat that really cause Xander to be fussy.  I've had to cut out broccoli, cauliflower, beans, onions, peppers, and anything spicy or with garlic.  It's hard for me to eat healthy when I can't eat a lot of veggies and beans, because I normally eat at least one thing on that list every day.  But on the bright side, I've been nursing him for three months!  He gets one bottle of formula each day with the babysitter, but other than that, it's pretty much all.me.all.the.time. 

6) Phil finally used his Father's Day present this past week.  He went and got an hour long massage.  He said it felt great but he was morally questioning if anyone besides his wife should be touching him.  I told him if there's ever a next time, I will require a man to do the massage.  He said, "Then there won't be a next time!"  But he does make a good point...is it morally acceptable to get a massage?  I've had a couple in my life and they were all done by women.  I would never let a man massage me.  So, should women massage men?

7) The kids had a Trunk-or-Treat with their school tonight.  They have a prayer service in the church (led by the third grade) then go out to the parking lot and trick-or-treat from car to car.  Hence "trunk-or-treat".  It's great cause it's safe and you can hit a ton of cars in a short period of time.

Our group included two Spidermen:

A princess ballerina:

St. Sebastian (John-Paul is in 3rd grade and had to dress as the saint assigned to him).  
St. Sebastian was killed with arrows, hence J-P pretending to be martyred!




Have a wonderful and spooooky weekend everybody!

5 comments:

  1. oh my pneumonia sounds horrible. we were the sick house last year, this year great so far.

    my personal opinion on massages is i am weirded out by them. i would never want a massage from anyone oher than dh and i would be grossed out if a woman massaged my man so...idk if its morally right or wrong tho--

    ReplyDelete
  2. That massage story is so funny! I asked Jason about the massage: He said it could be awkward but not morally objectionable. He compared it to an eye exam where he stares into the optician's eyes but it is strictly for work :)

    And I can't believe how big Xander is!! He is so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah! Not fun for the sickies. I dread this time of year (and the next 5 months or so) and all the chances for the ickies. Gianna has her first nasty cold that might be due in part to her teething. Miserable.

    Xander is getting so big! Where is the time going?!

    I love the costumes and the Trunk or Treat idea. So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great costumes. This was really a fun read and your little one is sooo cute!!! As for massages, hmmmm I have to say not sure there aren't many guys who would feel comfortable with a guy massaging them either.lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think there is anything morally wrong with having a woman massage a man. My hub and I got a couple's massage on our honeymoon which was really nice. We were in the same room having two women give us full body massages and it was wonderfully relaxing. It could be something you guys want to try together. =)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me...