Thursday, January 5, 2012

And Then There Was One

On Sunday night, Eamon woke up and began vomiting.  He threw up all night long, and rested the whole next day, and by Tuesday morning was fine and ready for school.

When I picked up the kids on Tuesday after school, and was driving them to my parent's house to drop them off so I could get my filling fixed at the dentist, Andrew informed me his tummy didn't feel good.

As soon as we pulled into my parent's house, Andrew ran into their bathroom and puked.  I went to the dentist, paid $71.00 for that stupid filling and came back to find Andrew in the bathroom again.  We drove home, and he was able to wait until we got back to my house to throw up again in the toilet.  He's a good dooby like that...very self sufficient.

Phil got home from work around 6:00 and said he wasn't feeling great, and began puking around 7, which continued for the rest of the night.  John-Paul joined Phil and Andrew that night, and we all thanked God for two bathrooms in the house.  On Wednesday morning, Xander started with the stomach bug as well.  

So Phil stayed home from work and took care of John-Paul, Andrew, Xander and Maggie (who decided her stomach was feeling funny just as we were leaving for school) and I brought Eamon to school on my way to work.  While at work, I started feeling sick after lunch and left around 12:30.  But I never actually got sick.  I took a nap and felt fine last night and still do. 

This morning, Maggie woke up and puked on the stairs, and Xander was still having yucky diapers, so I am home with the two of them today.  They both seem to be much better and I think tomorrow we will all be back to school/work/daycare as normal.

That is, unless I finally get it.....

8 comments:

  1. Oh no! I hope everyone is on the mend now and that you don't get it!

    Looks like it's time for me to buy a new can of Lysol and start spraying the kids down when they get home from school. Tummy-bug season is no fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I'm praying that you are the lone hold-out!! I hate the stomach bugs -- especially with a packed house. We had one New Year's Eve and it is the pits. Hope everyone is feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you! Hope they all feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Icky poo...feel better Martin family! I hope you can manage to stay healthy, Colleen. Mama just doesn't have time to be sick.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that is awful. Sorry to hear the bug got your family and I HATE spending money on teeth...but wadda gonna do!

    HANG IN THERE and big (((hugs))) from me to a mama who seems to be handling this crazy puke thang pretty dang well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always pray that the Lord will spare me from getting the pukes, and I promise I will serve the rest of my barfing family cheerfully!

    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  7. we all had a stomach bug 2 weeks before christmas. I didn't get to leave the house for 2 weeks. It started with one child for 2 days each... I was second, then the next child...then the next one...my husband was out of town the whole time. the day he came home he was the last one to get it.

    umm, now we are are on round 2 of this. except this is the one day version. we are at child number 5 now. hoping it stops there. no adults yet.

    this is why I hate january. Every year same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh, your poor family!
    I hope it is all cleared up by now and that YOU avoided it!!! Rest up.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me...