1) I forgot to write about something funny that happened at the half-marathon. We were close to the finish line, and this woman was sitting on the sidelines, cheering for everyone. Phil was running about two steps ahead of me, and as she cheered us on, he yelled "Thank you!" and she yelled, "You are welcome!" as she eyed him from top to bottom with a big smile. I came up from behind and said "Yeah, he's hot, right?" and she goes "Sure is!" and I said "Oh yeah, baby, that's my hubby!" and I pretended to smack his bottom.
2) Alexander is scheduled for ear tube surgery (I hate to even call it surgery because it is so minor) on April 30th. We're hoping he doesn't get a 5th ear infection before then :)
3) Today I am taking a personal day from work to stay home with the kiddos because the elementary schools are having a professional day for teachers. Phil is actually speaking to them about Teaching Bioethics...should be interesting to see how his day goes. As for us, we are going to play outside as much as possible!!
4) We are on Day 3 of the 17 Day Diet, and I am tracking it on one of my blog pages, if anyone is interested. Just trying to hold myself accountable because I am no good at sticking to diets, and this one is pretty restrictive.
5) Some funny race pictures:
This time we really noticed the cameras and were smiling for them. Which only proves we weren't running very focused. Oh well!
Xander is already a ladies' man. Meet Ava, his little buddy :)
7) In always being the last to jump on the bandwagon...we are thinking of reading The Hunger Games books after a good friend gave them a good review. Has anyone else read them? What did you think?
Have a great weekend everybody!!