1) Last night, I used my free hour productively. I cleaned the kitchen, vacuumed the downstairs and organized my pantry.
Still packed but a little more organized by stages and groups. Ahhhh - that makes me feel better!
2) For lunch today I will be attending a Mothers Day Tea with the preschool class. I was invited by a very important and handsome little man:
Eamon has been counting down the days for three weeks leading up to this morning. It is a very.big.deal around here!! I'm so excited to see what they have planned.
3) Speaking of Mother's Day, we will be driving to the Cape to eat my favorite breakfast:
(apple walnut french toast)
from the restaurant I know that makes it best.
Then we will go to Trader Joe's for some specialty groceries that only Trader Joe's has:
and finally to a little soft-serve ice cream place that I frequently visited while growing up. We might even swing by my childhood home to show the kids.
It just might be the best Mother's Day ever!
4) I told Phil not to buy me flowers because I had a coupon to buy flowers online. So I ordered myself a pretty potted rose plant, like the one I got last year that we planted outside and it really blossomed beautifully:
Then I felt weird about buying myself a plant for Mother's Day, so I had the card signed "Love your wonderful children!" Is that strange or what?
5) Did you see Time's controversial magazine cover?
Read Kate's article all about it, and how she dodged that bullet.
Great idea, Time. Make us all feel like we're not "Mom enough" right before Mother's Day. Grrrrrr.
6) I discovered something while watching Xander play. Every time he hears music, he kicks his little foot to the beat:
Isn't that so sweet? Gosh I love this baby so much!
7) And last but not least, I just want to give a shout-out to my mom for being the best mutha and grandmutha eva (she has a Boston accent). I love you Mum!!
Have a wonderful weekend everyone and to all you moms out there - enjoy your day!!