Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mock Lobster

Last night I swung by the fish market on my way home and picked up some fresh haddock.  I am the only one who eats seafood in my family (they don't know what they are missing!) so I usually just order it when we go out to eat.  I didn't want to fry it for turning this healthy protein into something unhealthy just felt wrong, and I forgot to purchase the seafood stuffing at the market so that I could bake it the way I usually do. 

So instead I decided to make Mock Lobster.  It is so easy and so delicious.  Here's the recipe, adapted from Taste of Home:

(Note: the rule of thumb for fish is 1/2 pound per person)

Ingredients

  • 1-1/2 to 2 pounds cod or haddock
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
  • 3 tablespoons white vinegar
  • Paprika
  • Melted butter
  • Lemon wedges

Directions

  • Cut fillets into 2-in. x 2-in. pieces; place in a large skillet. Cover with water. Add salt and vinegar; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Drain.
  • Sprinkle with paprika and serve with melted butter and lemon. 
I ate 1/2 pound of haddock with 1 Tbs melted butter (in all it's delicious glory) and a salad all for 9 WW points!  Very yummy and healthy (well, minus the butter it would have been tip-top healthy, but you gotta have flava!)

2 comments:

  1. Maybe I will try that way. We eat a lot of fish. Kids love fish sticks but besides that since we lived in MD my oldest 2 love all fish and especially crab anything. Otherwise we eat Shrimp at least once a week. It's one of things they all eat. Of course besides the baby who eats nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flava flave!

    You're so lucky that you get the fish all to yourself. Mmmmm....now I'm hungry.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me...