Friday, June 29, 2012

7 Quick Takes



1) We've been swimming lots.  I should say "swimming" because Maggie thinks she can swim but doesn't realize that bulky bright pink and orange accesorry strapped around her body is what's actually doing the trick.

(being held by our amazing babysitter)


2) John-Paul was so excited that he ate his apple this far down to the core.  Hey, whatever makes you happy, kid!

3) I was sitting across from Phil the other day and I got that rush of puppy-love-adrenaline that we all used to get in the beginning of our relationships but now sometimes take for granted.  Luckily, I still feel it very often.  And even though love is not a feeling, I sure love the feeling!!  You can understand why my heart still beats faster whenever he comes in the room, right?  Vavavavoom!

4) Track Club 2012 has begun.  It runs Mondays and Wednesdays from 6-8 pm all summer.  And it's awesome.  The kids have so many friends and cousins that participate, which means Phil and I have friends and siblings that we can hang out with twice a week.  It's a win-win!






5) My not at all professional sports video of the kids doing relay races at track:


6)) Alexander turned 11 months!  He is getting a little more brave in the walking department...still not walking on his own but needing less and less support from furniture.  He can also say mama, dada, and uh-oh.  And of course, he can recite the rosary perfectly:

Sometimes I just want to kiss his chubby cheeks all day long:


And so I do. 
And he likes it:



7) Oh, and he learned how to play peek-a-boo, which just might be the cutest baby trick ever:


Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

5 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean about that feeling when you look at your husband. I too, have that frequently. At the marathon, as my husband picked me out of the crowd and I saw him, I thought, wow, that's my man! :)

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your family just gets more and more photogenic . . . how do you do it?! Great pics, happy weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure if my other comment went through because blogger just had some kind of hissy fit . . . but the gist of it was that all you and your people sure do photograph well! Happy weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at all that summertime fun! Lovin' it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much summer fun! Sweetness. I love when it's Track Club time since those are some of my favorite photos you post. Too cute and please post more :)

    Oh, Alexander, you are such a dear. I'd kiss those cheeks all day long too (you can ask Greta how much I kiss hers) if I could. Of course you can recite the entire rosary, boy genius that you are. Definitely have some more priest material there, huh, Colleen?

    Kiss those sweet cheeks for me and be sure and give Miss Maggie love from MN. Oh, heck, give 'em all a squeeze from me!

    Happy Weekend!!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me...