Sunday, July 1, 2012

Weekend Update (and Phone Photo Dump)

I gave the boys haircuts on Friday night, which is no big deal, except that Xander got his FIRST haircut.  So now instead of looking like this (can you say mullet?):

He looks like this:
Muchos Betteros!

Of course, we did have to give him a lollipop because he was scared of the clippers.  This lollipop was his first taste of sugar ever!  I said I wouldn't give him any sweets until his first birthday cake and hopefully with the exception of the 5 licks he took of this lollipop, I will be able to keep it up.  It's something we did with John-Paul and he turned out to be a great eater.  Then the next 3 kids, I was really lenient on the sweets (Oh, you're 8 months old...here's a chocolate chip cookie to gnaw on while I am up to my ears in poopy diapers) and they turned out to be pickier eaters.  SO with Xander we're trying to be strict again and hope he turns out to be a great eater (he already eats everything, but the real test is the terrible two's):

On Saturday morning, we took the kids to a wading pool.  Only there was one slight problem, there was no wading...the pool hadn't been filled up yet, so it was just fountains.  Xander snubbed the whole thing:

But the others made lemonade:



On the way home, we stopped for ice cream and met up with Alexander's godFather (he's a priest, get it?):


Then we came home for naps, went to Mass, and had my parents over for a cookout.

On Sunday morning, I awoke to Phil cooking a feast of waffles (with honey cinnamon butter) and bacon and strawberries for breakfast, which turned into cute faces:


But then Phil had school work to get done, and the baby needed a morning nap, so I took the four kids to the beach to play with their cousins:








After quick showers, we headed to a roller-skating birthday party for one of Andrew's classmates:



Kissing cousins.

And now the fattest and happiest and non-mulletiest baby ever is sleeping again, Phil and the kids are having "rest time" and I am about to start working from home.  As soon as I hit publish :)

3 comments:

  1. Why don't we live closer? I want weekends like yours all the time. Particularly the part where Phil makes waffles. Will me make mine with Irish coffee??

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun-tabulous weekend! Looks like a blast and I do so love how Mr. Alexander turned into a grown up little man. Well, he's growing up too fast, but he just became a little bit more studly ;)
    As for us, we stayed close to home and spent some time outdoors this weekend. It was well into the 90's and it's just too tough to take both littles out in that heat. We enjoyed the family time though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a busy fun weekend! Breakfast looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me...