Wednesday, January 16, 2013

That's What She Drew


Me: Maggie, who's in the picture?

Maggie: It's you and Daddy, but he looks like Alexander because he's small and you're big and you both have buttons on your shirt.

Me: They look like belly buttons, and we look naked.

Maggie: They are belly buttons, and you ARE naked, that's what I said.  

Me: Oh, I misunderstood.  And what's that on our arms?

Maggie: Floaties, because you know how you and Alexander can't swim?  So you need floaties.

Me: Oh, I thought it was Dad, not Alexander.

Maggie: (exasperated) You just don't get it.


15 comments:

  1. too funnny how their mind works

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA!!! I love it! Usually my conversations with Sarah end in "Oh Mom. Never mind. You just don't get what I'm trying to say!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is hysterical. I was confused too. I guess I don't get it either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That one is a keeper with the story written on the back!

    (nice belly buttons)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ditto Jamie! My daughter has drawn the same squares around the shoulder location. They used to be "arm pits" - now they are usually sleeves.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL!!! Before even looking at the text, I thought those were floaties on the arms . . . I guess I have the mind of a 4 yr old girl.

    ReplyDelete
  7. SWEET! loved the floaties!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i bet you can't wait for her to be a teen!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've had similar conversations ;) And it's frustrating for both of us, I think, when I just don't understand. LOVE that picture, though! I can't swim either, so I'd definitely need the floaties :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Best. Ever. Hahahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so cute and hilarious! I can't wait to have conversations like this when Joe gets older!

    ReplyDelete
  12. And THIS was exactly my world (times 25 "Maggies") for years. Loved it. What a great world to live in. Remember "Quips and Quotes"? Could've written a book.

    ReplyDelete
  13. THAT LOOKS LIKE MAGGIE AND ROBBY! Shes even taller. But they are naked and that's not cool. But it is super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't believe YOU don't get it??? LOL.
    She is a gem!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me...