Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Addictive Chicken


I was going to title this recipe Crack Chicken because it really is that addictive.  Well, I've never smoked crack, but I hear it's pretty addictive.  I've made it a few different ways, and it always comes out delicious.  So delicious that when I wake up circa 3 am for my maternity micturation, I can't stop thinking about it.

Feel free to get creative with this recipe when it comes to the nuts portion.  I've used pecans, pistachios and coconut flakes (on separate occasions) and they were all scrumptious!

Addictive Chicken
4 large chicken breasts, butterflied into 2 or 3 fillets per breast so they are nice and thin, then season with salt and pepper.

In bowl, whisk:
1/3 cup olive oil
1/3 cup honey
1/3 cup dijon mustard

In another bowl, mix:
1.5 cups breadcrumbs (panko or regular, just make sure they are plain)
1 cup chopped/pulverized nuts or coconut (I use my generic Magic bullet to make a rough powdery substance)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Spray 2 baking sheets with Pam.

Dip chicken into honey/oil/mustard mixture and then into breadcrumb/nut mixture and place on baking sheet.  Continue until all chicken fillets are on the pans, and then spray the top of each fillet with Pam.

Bake until thoroughly cooked, about 20 minutes.

Invite me over for dinner :)

13 comments:

  1. No need to flip them halfway through? I think I have all the ingredients but the dijon, so I'll have to buy some and try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing! I'm always on the lookout for a new chicken recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just took chicken out of the freezer, this is going to be dinner tonight, thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds awesome. You come for dinner out here and I'll make it for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry, Colleen, I just can't even get past the picture of the smoking chicken!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going to attempt a grain-free version of this right this very moment. Say a prayer for me.

    And, what the heck with that chicken? Way too funny and gross.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Made this for dinner tonight- soooooo good! Thanks for sharing the recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Made this for dinner tonight- sooooo good! Thanks for sharing the recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum yum yum. Going to put this on our menu plan for next month. I think even my "chicken is average" husband will agree it is yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum yum yum. Going to put this on our menu plan for next month. I think even my "chicken is average" husband will agree it is yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We made this tonight and it was so so good!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me...