Thursday, April 2, 2015

Declan's 1st Birthday!


Happy Birthday to my sweetest baby boy today!  You woke me up at 4:30, which is early even for you, but I honestly didn't mind a bit.  I was happy to sneak in a couple hours with you before work on your big day.  Just don't make it a regular thing ;)


You are such a happy, easy, smily, funny baby boy.  You love when I pull out my real camera and mug it up real good.  But the flash always makes you close your eyes because you're sensitive like that.  Then it becomes a game...I say "Say cheese!" and you "wink"...



I found this shirt amongst all my cleaning and purging, and it must have been a hand me down from your cousin, William, because I don't remember any of the other boys wearing it.  When Xander saw you in it, he said "Awwww, wook at his widdle shirt.  I never saw a birthday truck with a candle before!"


You absolutely love Maggie's monkey, George.  As soon as it's within your reach, you are grabbing, hugging, and wrestling him while squealing with glee.


You say a few words - Mama, Dada, more, cat ("tttt"), and UH-OH, that one is a favorite.  You crawl real fast and furniture-walk but are no where near real walking yet.


You love to sleep (except this morning, apparently...but birthdays are exciting!).  You nap from 9-11 and 2-4 and sleep through the night from 7-6 on the regular.  


You are still a skinny little thing, but you are loving some table foods - scrambled eggs, pancakes, muffins, ravioli, peas, french fries (!),  yogurt, meatballs and mashed potatoes.  You say "Mmmmmm" and "More" when you eat.


You haven't had any sweets yet and because it's Holy Thursday, we are waiting until Easter Sunday to have your birthday cake.  Maggie heard this and said "But can we still like, wish him happy birthday and stuff?"  Yes!  And you will get your present tonight - a balloon!  I know, we spoil you ;)



We love you so much, Declan Kolbe, more than we ever could have imagined.  Happy Birthday to our 6th baby - you may be one of many, but you're still one in a million.



11 comments:

  1. I love that last line! So sweet. Happy Birthday, Declan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Declan!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Flynn says, "Happy Birthday, Baby!!!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday....a year sure flies by fast!! He is a cute little stinker!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so sweet! he looks like a real joy. thanks for your nice comment on my blog. today is a big day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday, sweet Feclan! I can't believe you are already 1!!! What a sweetie pie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy 1st Birthday Declan! May the good Lord bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So, so sweet. Seriously, the cutest little one year old EVER. But then, I'm kinda partial to the Martin kids :) I hope you enjoyed your day and enjoy your celebrating on Easter. Big {hugs} to you, Birthday Boy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday to your sweet boy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday sweet baby!

    ReplyDelete
  11. One year already?! Hope he had a happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me...