Thursday, October 22, 2015

Happy Day!

Happy Feast Day to my oldest baby, John-Paul.


You were named after such a wonderful man, Pope, and Saint after I had the privilege of seeing him on three different occasions as a young adult, which is even more incredible now that he's a saint (how often does one come in contact with a canonized saint?).   I just knew my first-born son would be named John-Paul, and luckily, Phil agreed.


You were such a gift to us from the very start, though we were young and poor and scared.  You were my most favorite birthday present ever, and you love that we share that day.  We've grown up with you on this parenting journey, and you've made it way too easy on us.  We are so blessed to have such a kind, smart, funny, and holy boy to take the lead in our crew.  


Pope Saint John Paul, pray for my John-Paul and all of us to live our faith with such love, kindness, and joy as you did.  May God especially bless all the John Paul's today!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me...