Monday, October 19, 2015

Weekend Phone Dump

What a busy weekend!  Said every mom everywhere, I'm sure :)

On Friday, Maggie and I got haircuts and ended up looking like twins.  Maggie's definitely cuter and blonder, but the summer gave me some nice natural highlights, and surprisingly no gray hairs yet (or at least not enough to make a difference).  Since I have such thin (balding) , flat (lifeless) , straight (can't style it) hair, I'm glad I at least got a nice color on the day God was deciding my hair fate.



Grace of the much-missed Camp Patton blog was so nice to send me this Lily Jade bag.  I think I've entered every Lily Jade giveaway I find online, but have never been lucky enough to win.  Now I have one for my very own! 


On Saturday, between soccer practices, basketball practice, altar serving, a play date with cousins, and a birthday party, Phil and I ended up having only the two little ones for a few hours, and it was amazing!  It's so fun to just do little kid things instead of dragging them to wherever the big kids need to go.  We went to Alexander's favorite playground and they had a blast...





On Sunday morning, we woke up to fuh-reezing weather.  Of course Sunday Funday includes allllll the outdoor soccer games, and I looked like a hobo on the side of the fields.  



We were prepared with lots of layers, hot tea and blankets.  
Go Colts.  Wink.

 On Sunday night, I took the school aged boys to a Mother/Son bowling event through their school.  


It was fun, even though the bowling alley might possibly be the oldest in the whole world.  Seriously - paper and pen scoring, button pushing to clear the pins, and musty smell straight from 1971.  

 While we were bowling, Maggie and Phil had a date of their own:


 Cheers!  Slainte!
  
Some Martins get canonized, some Martins go bowling and eat pizza.  Here's hoping I'm more like the former, and here's to a rip-ROARING rest of the week!  



7 comments:

  1. What an awesome weekend. I am totally jealous of the Lily Jade! And the insider connection to Grace. :) Time to invest in those soccer mom pop up pods. I bet they help with the wind and rain/snow since that is surely just around the corner. Both haircuts are adorable! I don't think I've ever been to a paper scoring bowling alley, so kinda neat for your boys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so pretty with your haircut and I agree you scored big with those natural highlights!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Declan!!!! I just love him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hair cut is perfect for your hair type. I am slowly but surely working my way to a short do. I just haven't worked up the nerve yet but I didn't get a couple inches chopped off when I went last time and I have an appointment this week so we'll see what happens.

    And I miss Grace! You can not stop blogging...it seems like all of my favorites have stopped or slowed way down with their posts. I guess Instagram is just too easy for everyone. It's just not the same though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful haircuts! You both look lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your new haircut and your new-to-you Lily Jade bag :)
    and we are still e-friends though you're a Pats fan and I am all-Colts... ;) wink to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That Grace is the sweetest.

    And those haircuts are the cutest!!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me...