Friday, March 16, 2018

7QT: March Madness

Can I think up 7 things I'm mad about this month?  You betcha!  Go see Kelly for nicer takes.

1)

Weigh-in day was yesterday and Phil lost 3.5 pounds this week (10.5 total) while I lost 2 pounds (5.4 total).  

It is what it is.  

(unfair.  that's what it is.)  

My favorite meals this week were:


Homemade meatballs and sauce with zoodles (3 points per meatball)



Homemade bagel/bun (3 points) with eggs and laughing cow cheese spread (4 points total)


Homemade chili with tons of veggies and beans, topped with non-fat greek yogurt (3 points per serving)


2)

On Tuesday, when we were stuck inside due to the storm, Phil and I and JP did the Plyometrics workout and I am still so sore today.  Squats and jumping are killers!  I need more of them in my life so I'm not crying when I have to sit down.  I'm better than this!  C'mon Colleen!



3)

People seemed to like my Care and Feeding of a Big Family post, and Kelly and Bonnie added what their big family life looks like.  I'd love to read yours too, let me know if you write one!  The funny thing is that blogging hands out humility in doses, so just be sure to know that as soon as you write about how you feed and care for your family, you end up giving them corn dogs for dinner and extra screen time because you suddenly can't care enough.  It's been a snowy March, alright?

4)

Xander woke up on Tuesday with a weird rash on his face.


Apparently it's just viral, like Fifth's Disease.  He has no other symptoms, but he's staying home from school because he's embarrassed about it.  First graders be sensitive, yo.  (They also be loving the extra screen time!)

5)

You know how when you get a new car, you suddenly see your car everywhere?  That same phenomenon has been happening when we watch tv.  We keep seeing characters who are named Phil, and they are usually the lamest characters in the show.  It's become a joke now, when there's a dud of a guy on a show, we're like, his name's gonna be Phil.  So TV writers...STOP NAMING YOUR WEIRD CHARACTERS PHIL!  Phil should be reserved for handsome, rugged, athletic, generous, kind, loving superheroes, ok? 

6)

Basketball playoffs are still happening.  Andrew won last night, so he's still in it.  Maggie has a game on Saturday, and if they lose (they will) they're out.  Eamon's first playoff game is Sunday and he says they're gonna go all the way.  Did y'all fill out your March Madness brackets?  Who's yer pick to win it all?  I picked Duke but I know nothing about college basketball!  I do love the color blue.

Now that's march Madness!

7)

Tomorrow is St. Patrick's Day!  While I love a good inclusive celebration, when people say "Everyone is Irish on St. Patrick's Day" I'm like:


Am I Chinese on Chinese New Year's?  Am I black during Black History Month?  Am I Mexican on The Day of the Dead?


You see my point.  

But just because you're not Irish doesn't mean you can't celebrate on a fun Saints day.  So Slainte (cheers) to you and you and you!  Drink a green beer for me!

Have a Happy St. Patty's Day!

7 comments:

  1. Uh, Colleen. Why can't you drink your OWN green beer?
    Do you have something to tell us?
    P.s. Go Nova!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Noooooo! I just don't like beer!

      Delete
    2. What??? You don't like beer? I equate that to Dan's Irish mother HATING potatoes. It just doesn't seem right!

      Delete
  2. My husband says the same thing about his name, but I always point out Steve Rogers (Captain America), so for your husband, I must point out: Phil Coulson (Agents of SHIELD). There ya go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Irish by marriage is for real, right!! I share all my Belgian chocolate with him!!
    Slainte! Hope Xander feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since marriage is the two becoming one...I'll let you in!

      Delete

Talk to me...