Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Summah Time So Fah

We are packing up to leave on a family "vacation" but I wanted to make sure to post some photos of our summer so far.  I say vacation in quotes because we are visiting family and then staying at Catholic Familyland for a week.  We will be staying in a tiny cabin with no bathroom or sink, but there is air conditioning and a fridge.  Since I am allergic to camping, I hope I don't die, but the kids are excited!  We are all ready to finally leave home after months and months, and I am looking forward to meeting some great families and being fed spiritually as a family.  Mostly I'm excited to hang out with my brother and sister-in-law every day and have my kids around those 8 cousins that they rarely see.

Anyway, here's what Phil and I have been up to - sweating together - every day whether we want to or not.  You'd think we would be in tip-top shape, but our other favorite past time is eating together, so we balance it out! 


The little boys were overjoyed when Phil pulled out an old kiddie pool from the basement.  I love that they don't need much to be so happy.  Of course, they needed goggles for one foot of water ;)


We attended the wedding of our good friends' son.  No reception yet because of stupid Covid19, but hopefully one day we will be able to hit the dance floor.  To be honest, if I were a young married couple, I would just cancel the reception (blame corona) and save a ton of money.  But that's because I'm a cheap introvert :)


Xander entered his first piano recital (virtually) and won first place.  We are so proud of him and his god-given talent.


JP and Andrew are working sooooooo much that I *almost* feel bad but then I remember how much I worked at their ages and I get over it quickly.  They love working at the ice cream shop, and we love visiting.  Win-win.


We had the best Fourth of July ever.  My generous sister and her more generous husband took everyone out on their boat and dropped us off on an island beach.  He had to make tons of trips back and forth to get us all there, then he took all the kids tubing, then a bunch more trips back and forth to get us back to the mainland.  There were 26 of us total, such fun!


Don't worry - they're ok!!  Eamon (on the right) was being tossed around like a ragdoll, but kept saying "GO FASTER!".  He's our adrenaline junkie.








Then we went back to their house, swam in the pool, had a cookout and bonfire.  Everybody slept well that night!





And that's our summer so far - see ya on the flip side of camping - if we make it ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me...