Thursday, April 15, 2021

7QT: Chirping, Shopping, Breaking

Linking up with Kelly on this rainy Friday in April.  

Hey, if April showers bring May flowers...what do May flowers bring?

Pilgrims.

Just a little New England joke for your enjoyment.

1)

Let me get my complaining right out of the way.  My teeth hurt!  The whole left bottom of my mouth is in pain, and I don't know why.  It kind of feels to me like I need a root canal, I've had one before and it's that same radiating nerve pain.  But I went to the dentist yesterday, and they did three Xrays and poked and prodded and can't find anything wrong.  I'm in enough pain that I can't function or sleep without ibuprofen, and so I'm taking it around the clock.  What to do??

2)

Someone (I think it was you, Madeline?) asked me to review the Chirp wheels I got for Christmas:


They are chiropractic wheels that help you massage, stretch and align your back.  When I first started using it, the middle of my back was very sensitive, and it hurt to use it.  But the more I used it (just a few minutes a day), the less it hurts and I love rolling out on it - ahhhhhh.  I especially love using it on my lower back to help my hip alignment, which always gives me trouble (darn seven pregnancies).  I actually haven't been to the chiropractor for an adjustment since I've been using it, so that's a money saver for sure.  My older kids use it too after a workout or while we pray at night.  So yes, I would definitely recommend the Chirp wheel.

3)

Next week we have spring break, and since Phil and I are both fully vaccinated, we are taking the family away for two nights.  The older four kids will have to test upon return so they can go back to school/sports but it will still be worth it to get away for a family retreat.  I know these days of all of us together are fleeting and I don't want to waste time.  You hear that Covid? *shake fists wildly in air*

4)

I went grocery shopping last weekend and realized that I shop in the wrong order.  

I always start at the produce section first, and put lots of healthy fruits and veggies in my cart, then move on to the lean proteins, and then everything else so that I end up with a cart that has junk food on top.  If anyone were to see me in the store, they would probably be like "Woah, that mom buys a lot of crappy food for her kids!" when really, there's so much healthy stuff underneath.  To save face, I should put in the junk first and pile the healthy food on top.  Or maybe I'm just paranoid and there's not a group of judgemental people looking at my groceries?  Nah, that can't be it.

5)

How is this a news story??  

6)

Our goddaughter Haley, and her fiancé are building a house, and some of the kids went to help them clear the lot last weekend.  Some of the kids just went to play in the dirt pile.  Why is dirt so fun??


7)

Well, that's a weekly wrapup...not too exciting because this is how I'm feeling:


5 o'clock can't come fast enough!  See ya on the flip side!

6 comments:

  1. So if the dentist didn't find anything causing you the pain, what could it be??? How frustrating. When Covid first hit last year, I started stress grinding my teeth during my sleep and had to get a mouth guard. I eventually got used to all of the stress and what not of covid and was able to stop wearing it after only a few months but I did enough damage to one of my teeth before I started using the guard to need a crown. Hopefully you can figure out the cause of the pain soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Turns out I needed a root canal! Got one on Friday afternoon 😬 and pain is gone!

      Delete
  2. It was me!! I am going to drop some hints for Mother's Day!! Enjoy your getaway!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What works wonders for me is one extra strength tylenol and one advil taken together. This was recommended by my oral surgeon and works for me within minutes. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Any chance the mouth pain is a residual pain from your shingles? Whether it is or not, that sucks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was going to suggest teeth grinding too, but your dentist would have likely seen damage if that was it. My sister got a sore jaw due to a swollen lymph node post covid vaccine, but that was short lived.

    How frustrating for you!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me...