Friday, June 23, 2023

Week in Review: Father's Day 5K, Friends on Vacay, and Two Surgeries on Same Day

When we last left off it was about to be Father's Day weekend, and Phil and his favorite runner-sons formed The Ice Cream Cottage Team and ran the Father's Day 5k in our town on Sunday morning:

Brendan and I walked over to cheer them on:

They did great!

Declan ran ahead of Phil in the last mile and I couldn't find any race photos of him.  When I searched his bib number, it just kept showing the girl in the blue shirt.  I checked the results times and realized he must be in this photo - and then I found him!

Can you see his little legs running behind the girl in the blue shirt?  

You can always tell a Milford man ;)

Phil's best friend since birth came up to visit from Maryland with his family and they went sightseeing during the day to Newport, RI and Falmouth on Cape Cod and then hung out with us at night.

Our town is beautiful!

Lots of ice cream was ingested.

Brendan spilled some water and left signs around the house, which I found so darling:

Yes I got a pedicure and a new kitchen runner, thanks for noticing.

I was so, so, so surprised to open my email this week and find out that Andrew got a huge scholarship for his freshman year of college!


And in even better news, both my mom and my brother-in-law (the one who fell off the ladder in February) had neck surgeries yesterday and they both had great outcomes and are in recovery.  Thanks be to God!  How crazy to both have neck surgeries on the same day?  Between praying for them and praying for the Titanic submarine, God must have been tired of hearing from me yesterday :)

And that's a wrap for this week!  I hope you have a wonderful weekend with your loved ones!!

10 comments:

  1. Wow! Congrats to Andrew on the scholarship! What great news!

    I loved the Arrested Development reference. Made me giggle. :-)

    Sounds like it was a wonderful weekend, and I am so glad to hear your mom and brother-in-law had successful surgeries. I hope their recoveries are swift and complete!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, pain management has been an issue, but I think they are both over the hump today.

      Delete
  2. Wow, that is the best email! Go Andrew!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He applied for about ten scholarships and we never heard back and then boom! The best one!

      Delete
  3. Best friends since birth? Did they meet at the hospital? Kidding. So cool. I once bought carpet for our house and the salesman had a 2 year old the same age as Lad. We ended up realizing that we were at the hospital the same time. Our kids were born at the same hospital on the same day.

    Anyway, congrats on the scholarship. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Their moms were best friends and got pregnant at same time and named them Andrew and Philip because of the disciples who were friends in the bible :)

      Delete
  4. That's so wonderful that both your mom and brother-in-law are doing well post-surgery -- that must have been a nerve-wracking day waiting for updates!

    I'm chuckling about the warning signs about water spills. With the same amount of effort, he could have just wiped up the spills... but the signs are so darn cute!! (Or maybe he did dry it and just wanted to be extra cautious, bless him!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He did wipe up, not very well, hence the warnings. Kids! So cute :)

      Delete
  5. You've got some great runners in your family!
    I agree, your town is lovely and I want to visit one day AND have an ice cream from your I C Cottage.
    Thank goodness the neck surgeries went well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to Andrew! That's awesome!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me...