Friday, July 21, 2023

Week in Review: Gym Life, Lake Life and Past Life

Last Saturday, Phil, Maggie and I went to one of favorite workout classes that really kicks our bums.  The little boys wanted to go with us, and the YMCA plus this particular instructor are very laid back when it comes to bringing your kids with you, so we did and they loved it!  Declan just asked me this morning if we were going again tomorrow, as if it was a treat (which is actually how I feel about working out too!).  One of my friends asked if she could take a photo of us at the end of class, so here we are in all our sweaty glory:


The family that slays together, stays together :)

Another friend invited us up to his friend's lake house in Merrymeeting Lake, New Hampshire and we were able to sneak away for one night which felt absolutely luxurious.  We went here last year with Andrew and Eamon, so we brought Maggie, Xander, Declan and Brendan this year.

Make yourself right at home, Brendan.

Look at my cute waiters:



The house is gorgeous, but we spent most of our time outside, with steps that lead right out to the lake.

The back of the house






Doesn't get much better than this


Living the life with a cookie in one hand and a seltzer in the other.

The old folks covering up from the sun.





We were so impressed at the boys' ability to jump in a kayak or on a paddle board and maneuver themselves around the lake as if they had done it before.  It's so wonderful to be able to give them the freedom and opportunities to do things like this.  The rules were sunscreen + life jacket but other than that they had free reign to adventure and explore.

An old scooper of Maggie's Ice Cream came to visit us at The Cottage with her kiddos (from Texas) and it was a real full-circle moment.  We scooped together for many teenage summers, and here she was ordering ice cream for her family at our shop.  What a blast from the past.  Crazy.


The new flavor this week is our own creation, called Triple C.  It's Coconut ice cream with a Caramel swirl and Chocolate chunks.  It's delish!


And my tired brain can't think of anymore to write.  I totally identify with the lake life, this back to reality on a Friday is just plain mean.  I hope you all have some summer fun this weekend!

12 comments:

  1. I totally identify with the lake life There used to be a coffee mug that said "Life's a Beach." I had one, now long gone, but it always reminded me of being around a lake, goofing off. Glad you had fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes, life is definitely a beach sometimes ;)

      Delete
  2. Oooh I am so happy for you to have gotten away to the lake! What great memories! That Triple C ice cream sounds delightful, I wish I was there! One of these years we will do an East Coast tour and stop by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The lake excursion sounds so wonderful! Looks like you had fabulous weather too! And how fun to see an old scooper at your shop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weather has finally turned a corner this summer!

      Delete
  4. Ah, is there anything better than time at a lake house? It's fun to see how the other half lives. Looks like you enjoyed some much deserved relaxation time. I love that you all worked out together. What a sweet flash back customer moment. All the way from Texas?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her parents still live on Cape Cod so she was visiting them and came to see us!

      Delete
  5. That ice cream looks absolutely delicious! I love ice cream with lots of "stuff" in it.

    Serious family goals to workout together at the Y! That's fantastic that they let you bring the kids. The three closest Y locations to us are all a 25 minute drive away (each in a different direction) and I'm so annoyed by that as their programming seems great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a Y close to our house and one close to where I work so I can workout on my lunch breaks or right after, which makes me totally spoiled!

      Delete
  6. I love that you guys can all workout together and enjoy it!
    Coconut, caramel and chocolate? SIGN ME UP.
    Nothing better than a friend with a lake house...and how fun to be a kid and have full reign for a day or two? It looks like a magical place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Friends with vacation house, friends with pools, and friends with boats are the best kind of friends :)

      Delete

Talk to me...