Friday, October 2, 2009

Hi Lo: October 2nd


HI's:

1) Eamon turned 3 last Saturday! We had a party combined with my niece's Baptism party at my brother's house. The priest in the first picture is Fr. Bill, who married my parents, baptized me and all of my siblings, then married all of us, and now baptizes all of our children. He's an amazing and holy man, and we are blessed to know him!

















2) We went apple picking and got lots of apples. I have made two apple desserts this week: apple crisp and and Swedish Apple Pie. The latter was better, and the recipe is here.


3) The weather has been beautiful. I am loving autumn :)


LO's:

1) I went shopping the other day at a store where I had a 20% off coupon, and guess what I forgot to give the cashier---yup, the coupon!! I hate it when I do that, it really bothers me (probably too much). I'm gonna try to go back and see if they will still honor it.


That's it for me, what are your highs and lows this week?

7 comments:

  1. Oh I hate it when I forget to fork over the coupon! Looks like you've had a pretty good week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How WONDERFUL to have Fr. Bill be a part of your life for such a long time! Looks like a GREAT birthday for your sweet Eamon!

    Here's my entry:
    http://thankfulwoman.blogspot.com/2009/10/hilo.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. that 2cnd pic is just way beyond cute!

    have a great wkend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post. Such a great idea to do Hi's and Low's. And not handing over the coupon would bug me to no end. I'm sure they'll fix that for you if you go in quickly and ask.

    Thanks for visiting my Letters of Intent post. AND commenting! Love comments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! Congrats on the feature in the Family Foundations magazine! I didn't see you mention it anywhere?

    Love all the pictures, your boys are just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is amazing that your family has such a long standing connection with your priest. Just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That party looks like fun...hugs and kisses for everyone!

    I've been known to buy something ELSE just to use the coupon. How crazy is that!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me...