1) I can't believe Christmas vacation week is almost over! At least we have Monday off too, which will make next week fly by.
2) My sister-in-law, Kelly, started a blog about the loss of her twin girls. Here is the link. It's beautiful but heart breaking.
3) Phil and I have started training for a half marathon in March. We are on week one of our 12 week training program (from Hal Higdon, but tweaked):
|Half Marathon Training Schedule:|
|1||3 m run & toning class||4 m run||Rest||4 m run||3 m run||3 m run & arms & abs||Kickboxing|
|2||3 m run & toning class||Rest||5 m run||Rest||3 m pace||3 m run & arms & abs||Kickboxing|
|3||3 m run & toning class||Rest||6 m run||Rest||4 m run||3 m run & arms & abs||Kickboxing|
|4||3 m run & toning class||Rest||7 m run||Rest||4 m pace||3 m run & arms & abs||Kickboxing|
|5||3 m run & toning class||Rest||7 m run||Rest||4 m run||3 m run & arms & abs||Kickboxing|
|6||3 m run & toning class||Rest||8 m run||Rest||4m pace||3 m run & arms & abs||Kickboxing|
|7||3 m run & toning class||Rest||8 m run||Rest||5 m run||3 m run & arms & abs||Kickboxing|
|8||3 m run & toning class||Rest||9 m run||Rest||5 m pace||3 m run & arms & abs||Kickboxing|
|9||3 m run & toning class||Rest||9 m run||Rest||5 m run||3 m run & arms & abs||Kickboxing|
|10||3 m run & toning class||Rest||10 m run||Rest||5 m pace||3 m run & arms & abs||Kickboxing|
|11||3 m run & toning class||Rest||10 m run||Rest||5 m run||3 m run & arms & abs||Kickboxing|
|12||3 m run & toning class||Rest||2 m pace||2 m run & arms & abs||Rest||Half Mar|
We will be running it with some co-workers, so they should keep us on our toes during the training process.
4) I will admit I may not end up running in the half marathon, but I will train for it. I just don't know if my body will be ready to run 13.1 miles when my fifth baby is only 7 months old?!?!?!? I hope to be ready, but I am giving myself a pass just in case.
5) We are rearranging bedrooms again. We have 4 boys and one girl to place into two bedrooms. One is big and one is normal sized. We have a set of bunk beds, a queen bed, two twins, and a crib that we can use. I will be drawing up plans this weekend. How would you divide everyone up?
6) We just watched The Help and Dolphin Tale over break. Both great movies...the kids really liked the dolphin one.
7) I just ordered more Christmas cards to send out (gulp) late. I had originally ordered 50, but when you have a family as big as ours, I guess you need 75. I've never sent Christmas cards out late before....maybe I can get by on the "oh she just had a baby" excuse?
Have a wonderful rest of your Christmas celebrations and Happy New Year!
I will be posting my version of resolutions soon :)