Friday, September 30, 2022

That's What He Said


Brendan (age 6): You're the second best mom...ya know...after Mary.

~

Brendan's card that he made for Eamon's birthday:

~

Xander: Some kids in my class have only small roles in the Wizard of Oz.

Me: There's no such thing as a small role, only small actors!

Brendan: Yeah, like the Munchkins!

~

Xander (age 11): Mom, I think I should be able to get a phone early.

Me: No way, you're not responsible enough yet.

Xander: But you always tell me how responsible I am!

Me: When do I tell you that?

Xander: Whenever something bad happens, you say "Xander is responsible!"

~


JP: This weekend I'm going to travel with some more guys.

Dad: That's good.

JP: Yeah, it's tough being the only guy and having to carry all the bags and open all the doors.

4 comments:

  1. Xander is a hoot!! I guess you are going to need to get him that phone now!😁

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm laughing out loud here. You gotta give the kid credit for understanding the big picture-- and how you fit into it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of those comments, but my favorite is definitely the acrostic poem. Pure art!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, these are all pure gold!! I'm dying over "orangutan"!!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me...