Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Wednesday Workout Wrapup - With Too Little Running

Looking back at this past week of workouts, I am surprised how little I have been running.  I think after the half-marathon, I have just needed a break from running, but I better start incorporating it back in before I lose any forward progression.  The snowy/rainy/icy conditions also make it impossible to run outside sometimes, and I find it so mentally challenging to run more than 3 or 4 miles on a treadmill.  Anyway, that's my story and I'm sticking to it ;)

 

Wednesday, January 10: 

3 mile Walk at lunch

1 mile Run on treadmill + 45 minute Strength Class (while Xander was at swim practice)


Thursday, January 11: 

45 minutes on Stair Stepper at home before work

3 mile Walk at lunch

2 mile Walk with dog at night


Friday, January 12: 

5:30 am Boot Camp Class (we made it again!)

We had to do 22 of each exercise (22 exercises total) and then run stadium stairs and do wall sits after:

66 Burpees that early in the morning is kinda mean.

3 mile Walk at lunch


Saturday, January 13: 

45 minute cardio/weight class at gym

1 mile Walk with dog


Sunday, January 14: 

6 mile walk (broken up into two walks) with dog

My body needed a break from any intensity this day!


Monday, January 15: 

45 minute strength class at a YMCA 30 minutes away because my friend taught it, and it was a holiday so I could actually attend!  Phil came too and then we did errands and had a lunch date:

1 mile Run on treadmill before class


Tuesday, January 16: 

Elliptical at gym at lunch (snowy/rainy outside so I couldn't walk)

1 mile Walk with dog in evening

8 comments:

  1. This is a LOT!! Gold stars <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing to me that you fit in working out each day. And you did that early intense workout - and still went for a walk at lunch! I am rethinking alot of how i structure my days and where i could fit in more (any!) exercise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having an hour lunch break built into my workday definitely helps! I sit at my desk all day so I am craving that walk at noon where I can listen to a book and get some Vitamin D. The other workouts are definitely harder to fit in, but exercise is the thing I want to do if I have free time, unlike reading or knitting or cleaning!

      Delete
  3. That is a lot of working out. I am in awe that you did boot camp AND did a walk in the same day. Holy cow! I relate to the boot camp picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't be too impressed - I think I went to bed at 8pm that night!

      Delete
  4. Nice variety! I run 3 miles 4 days a week and then walk 2 miles the other 3 days and do some arm and ab workouts 2x a week. I am with you in getting a lot of sitting time so I really look forward to exercising.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me...