Friday, September 4, 2026

Week in Review: We Certainly Ate

Happy 1st Friday in September!!  

I treated myself to a new coffee mug for the school year, and it is just so pretty and the mouthpiece is designed so comfortably that I am getting an inordinate amount of joy from it:


I also bought a rice cooker, which I have wanted for a long time because I LOVE rice but I have a hard time getting it perfect...usually because I'm always cooking something else at the same time.  


We made the seasoned rice recipe with chicken cutlets and a salad and it came out great!


Leftover rice with the lime grilled chicken skewers from Aldi's and roasted cauliflower another night.


I also bought a big chuck roast from Aldi's and made pot roast and mashed potatoes for Sunday dinner:


My dad's tomatoes are finally coming in, so a BLT with extra mayo was on the menu.  Just for me.  The others are weird and don't like them.


Speaking of things nobody else in my family likes, here's one of my favorite snacks - cottage cheese with Popcorners or Sun Chips:


I like to make a crockpot meal on Saturdays so that when we come home from the vigil Mass, dinner is ready.  Last Saturday I made Chicken and Noodles which the kids call CaN CaN and we have to play the can can song while we eat.


I only had to cook for three one night (weird!) so I just airfried perdue chicken patties and turned them into chicken parm for the boys and a salad for me:


Chocolate chip cookies because why not?


The college kiddos got together and cooked breakfast after Latin Mass on Sunday.  So wholesome!




Andrew's manager duties include filling our minivan with lots of water for the team.  Good thing we didn't send him out in a mini cooper.


The team went on retreat at the same campgrounds where we attended Catholic Family camps for a couple summers:


I think he's trying to get Karolina to love golf as much as he does:


Eamon sent me these pictures...of his friends...hanging out I guess?



Smiles came to visit campus and Andrew picked up Eamon and Maggie and they went on a "nature walk" that Maggie said was crazy and she got so many scratches.  The boys did it barefoot because...they are boys?!?!  I don't even.



JP sent this photo from a farmer's market, they even hyphenated it like him!  Side note, we are watching Death of the Pastor's Wife and it's the first time that I hated strongly disliked someone named John-Paul.


We voted in the primaries on a rainy Tuesday and I remembered why voting upsets every time because they don't want to look at my ID and just need my name.  Voting is a privilege and I want it to be done right.


Last weekend it was just me and the littles at home while Phil and Xander did double shifts at the cottage, and we walked down to the library one afternoon and just had to swing by the cottage after :)



I've used this shoe holder as a uniform system for a few years now, and it works great to keep their uniforms in one place and sorted.  They go straight from the dryer, roll up, into their slot:


Xander had shin splints this week from all the miles he has been putting in at cross country, which I told him wouldn't have happened had he been running all summer, ahem:


Maggie's texts from college are so funny.  I now know that her priest professor wears a toupee, and that she put two bagel halves in the toaster but only one came out.  The amount of times I have thought about the other half is embarrassing.


She's also so great at appreciating the beauty around her:




Have a wonderful weekend everybody - I hope you can appreciate the beauty around you this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me...